CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

Soldato
OP
Yes I was joking. Though I do enjoy how a good diesel pulls like a train. :p Test drove a 1.9TDI Polo with a 170HP remap and it was mental. :D

How much is the SC conversion going to cost you now? :)

The things that put me off diesel are the following:

- engined usually attached a non sporty model
- low redline
- the dag dag sound
- black smoke
- additional hardware to break (inhecotrs, DPF filters, turbos, clutches etc)

I'm currently still talking about the SC conversion but I won't be £5.7K now for sure!

Caporegime
The things that put me off diesel are the following:

- engined usually attached a non sporty model
- low redline
- the dag dag sound
- black smoke
- additional hardware to break (inhecotrs, DPF filters, turbos, clutches etc)

I'm currently still talking about the SC conversion but I won't be £5.7K now for sure!

Tis fair enough. Personally the low redline and the sound are the only things that bothered me, but I expect I'd get used to it. There wasn't any black smoke, and in that particular instance it was a Polo "GT" which when re-mapped, is quicker than the GTI :D

Can be expensive to fix though as you said... More stuff to break.

Soldato
... Well I don't think that is a window. What defines a window? I think we should give windows an A to D catagorisation which relates to the level of visibility which can be attained through the window, and also to how closely it matches the the perceived design of a typical window.

Its part of the DLO which forms the GCIE A123-2L attribute measurement for occupant direct down vision. Hence window ;)

Soldato
OP
Holy thread revival. Incoming info dump.

So back in November after months of searching, I came across a 2011 CRZ Sport with genuine mugen kit however the previous owner hadn't opted for the wing. A few call later and the car was mine.

A 34K mile example was fitted with some rough Rota Blitz (17") wheels in black! :eek: It was otherwise stock.
See pic:

49384657751_96cd27476b_b.jpg

The usual task of tidying the car up, removing stickers, dealer plates, orange indicator bulbs, adding LED reg plate lights, fitting a HID kit etc. All taken care of, I began to start modding.

I wanted to bring this car back to level my old CRZ was at, so since it has been in my possesion the below has been fitted:

- Tegiwa 2nd De-cat
- Spoon N1 backbox
- Spoon Panel filter
- Fresh brembo OEM brakes (disc & pads) all around
- Genuine Mugen Spoiler
- Pioneer Appleplay unit w/Genuine OEM Honda double Din panel
- Black Ice air freshner :p

Car now looks like the below:

49588341632_0f3d752edd_b.jpg

49588097491_ed34c4c234_b.jpg

49384853207_8944ebf474_b.jpg

This is only the start though! A HKS GT Supercharger kit has been ordered, along with the "fuel up kit", bigger injectors & 34mm air restrictor. (standard air restrictor is 28mm).

In laymans terms the standard GT SC kit will take a CRZ up to 170PS, a "fuel up kit" HKS GT SC will go to 200PS. This is the limit for the stock block, without forged rods.

I also have a set of Enkei RPF1's (in silver 17") on order w/Michelin PS4s to be fitted, Along with the Hondata Flash Pro required for the mapping.

I'm not touching the brakes, suspension or LSD side of things yet as I want to see how the car handles the extra power. My previous CRZ had the very simple Type R caliper swap (same caliper size just better clearance to allow for 300m front discs vs stock 262mm) so I may go this route again.

I wanted to get another CRZ for several reasons and the search began mid 2019. I wanted a Genuine Mugen kitted car but really did not want to buy a standard car and pay for the kit brand new to be fitted & painted as this wasn't a very cost effective way of doing it! Most likely cost the same value of the car, circa £6K.

So onto my main reasons for getting this. One was practicality, NSX & Supra are great cars but not ones I want to drive all weathers and park whereever. Two; nostalgia, I loved my CRZ and regretted never SCing it in the past. And finally, my dad was a big supporter of me SCing the car before and I wanted to get this done as a nod to him as he is no longer with us.

I hope you enjoy the write up.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Awesome stuff man, cafe racer back in town!
What will it weigh roughly as cannot imagine they are that heavy so with 200PS it will be pretty nippy. :)

Back
Top Bottom