Cube I7 Stylus

Man of Honour
OP
Well that stand is pants, maximum load 5kilo, my rectum is it. The hinge has so little resistance slight press on screen and it collapses under the weight.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Rilot when you opened it up don't suppose you noticed the power jack did you. Wondering how easy it is to get to or if it needs total disassembly to get to. As it appears mines half broke already. New charger hasn't fixed the issue.
Wonder if speakers and haptic feedback could be upgraded as well?

Don
We do but the Surface style tablets are discussed in this forum.

No Glaucus I didn't look at the power jack. I'm guessing it's just soldered to some leads and is easily replaceable. I can't see it being surface mounted or something.

Man of Honour
OP
thanks,

and what a surprise always posting rubbish in threads he's not interested in.
A tablet in a tablet and mobile sub forum shocker, is where it should be.
why would it go in software sub forum.

Associate
Hey Guys
I opened a dispute asking for £35 refund because of cracked windows and they approved it so even cheaper tablet. I would suggest you guys do the same. Maybe ask for a little more as they didn't even try to negotiate.

Man of Honour
OP
One guy got $80 all of us are out of protection. And I didn't take a screenshot before putting w10 on so was stuffed oh well.

I still need to find the right power brick for it.
2i6gje0.jpg

b8lksl.jpg

Looks like this to me?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3-5x1...a-Tablet-PC-/271190326450?hash=item3f2433fcb2

Just a shame I have to remove the entire main bored.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
:( charging ports totally dead now. And new one which I hope will fit is being shipped from china, surface 2 will have to be unboxed. Just a few tweaks and it could be a good tablet, just a few to many issues with it.
Wish I could afford surface pro 4 when its released.

If new power part works, then this will be bodged together.
http://www.instructables.com/id/ThinkSafe:-A-Magnetic-Power-Connector-for-Thinkpad/

These pin sockets are the worst power adapters in history, USB isn't much better though.

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered one of these, does anyone have anyone have a definitive answer on a better power charger for this as I imagine the one that it will come with will be a horrible US to UK converter plug. I see that it requires 12v – 2.5A output, so what is the barrel that it needs is it an 3.5mm x 1.3mm Barrel Output?

Man of Honour
OP
See cube i9 is out as far as I can see its usb-c charged, and built in kickstand, shame it's about £400

My i7 never worked again, I knew the charge port would break.

Edit - looking at youtube, same **** power connector. But it's advertised as having usb-c so why not just charge through there.

Edit 2 seems usb-c does work as a charging point as well.
Speakers although louder are still tinny. And screen still not laminated.

Last edited:
Associate
I couldn't ever contemplate buying a tablet like this, far too many risks.

Having dodgy Windows activations on it should be an instant alarm......................
Depends where you buy it from.

By the way the tablet is available with the keyboard, stylus and a UK plug (one of those chargers where you can change the actual pugs US/EU/UK) from a large Brazilian river (UK).

Works really well and Win 10 activated fine.

Associate
I stuck a 256GB M2 SSD in mine which I got for £60 which has made it now a very useable device it's compact and light device for carrying around for work. Quite good for the money really as I think I have spent around £300 in total, I'm a bit disappointed at the usability of the device when not docked in the keyboard as it's a bit heavy to hold in your hand.

I think something like the HP X2 12" would be my choice if I were to by another 2 in one as it looks to be more versatile with the combined keyboard dock that it comes with - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/hp-pavilion-x2-12-1312026/review

The main downsides of the Cube I7 are the Wireless/Bluetooth which the signal which is poor and the speakers which are terrible, I imagine the speakers on the HP would be much improved as they actually face forward similar to the HTC boomsound on the HTC one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom