Currently Building Comp and AHHHH!

Soldato
addy_010 said:

If you wish to add me to msn I can be quite handy with builds, my system is nearly identical to yours aswell currently so should be able to help.

What you have said about the funny thing is either CPU ducting or a blower fan I think.

The 'extra floppy drive holder' is most probably the rear PSU vent to direct the hot air away from the rear intake.

Add me to msn and all will be clear in my pictures, can quickly explain everything then :)

Sag-Okia at zen.co.uk

Soldato
OP
ok well just to let you all know that i have no finished puting the parts together, they seem to be working correctly as i am able to get into the BIOS. Just about to do that so if i get stuck i will ask questions. thanks for all the help from everyone, couldnt have done it without you

Associate
Tachyon said:
OK, the CHA fan & the CPU fan sound correctly set up. Don't plug the lead from your PSU into the one called PWR fan. The fan lead from your PSU should be left unattached unless you have a fan controller or fan monitor on your case, don't plug it into the PWR fan socket..

Isnt this exactly what the PWR fan socket is for?

Soldato
Yewen said:
If you wish to add me to msn I can be quite handy with builds, my system is nearly identical to yours aswell currently so should be able to help.

What you have said about the funny thing is either CPU ducting or a blower fan I think.

The 'extra floppy drive holder' is most probably the rear PSU vent to direct the hot air away from the rear intake.

Add me to msn and all will be clear in my pictures, can quickly explain everything then :)

Sag-Okia at zen.co.uk

I would trust Yewen, he helped my with few things when I was building mine, great person :)

Associate
Ugley_Matt said:
Isnt this exactly what the PWR fan socket is for?

I could be wrong but I'm thinking the the lead he is talking about coming from his PSU connects to a fan monitor & not the PWR fan socket. Maybe my wording could be read as not to plug a fan monitor into the PWR socket, thats not what I meant. Anyways, maybe I'm just talking crap but it's working anyways, glad you got it sorted. :p

Associate
Tachyon said:
I could be wrong but I'm thinking the the lead he is talking about coming from his PSU connects to a fan monitor & not the PWR fan socket. Maybe my wording could be read as not to plug a fan monitor into the PWR socket, thats not what I meant. Anyways, maybe I'm just talking crap but it's working anyways, glad you got it sorted. :p

Yip, if a PSU has a 3 pin fan connector, it will not have 3 wires as it doesn't draw power from the m'board. Connecting it will allow the MB's monitoring to pass the speed to the BIOS and a monitoring app. The speed can also be adjusted on the fly. Worth doing imho.

And well done to the OP for getting it up and running - that's what I call jumoing in with both feet :)

mj

Soldato
OP
ok guys and gals a new problem has arising, well two new problems but could just be one have arisen.

1. When i start up the PC i get 2 short beeps and then 4 short beeps, which aprarently from reading the MOBO manual it means "Hardware Component Failure". What am i to do to sort this out? is there a way to out the problem and find out what HARDWARE it is from using the PC? It then goes to a screen and says CPU FAN ERROR! Press F1 to Resume. I have plugged the front case fan into the CPU FAN position as it could only reach that one and then put the CPU fan in the PWR_FAN position. I think from what Yewen told me earlier that this means that front fan is something wrong, however it seems to be blowing still.

Next problem is that when i plug my old speakers into the computer they dont seem to work. I have gone to control panel and it says that no speakers can be found. What could have gone wrong to make this work, i dont think i plug in any cables when making this RIG as i thought the speakers wouldnt need anything extra because of the positiont there were in on the MOBO. What can i do?

Associate
addy_010 said:
ok guys and gals a new problem has arising, well two new problems but could just be one have arisen.

1. When i start up the PC i get 2 short beeps and then 4 short beeps, which aprarently from reading the MOBO manual it means "Hardware Component Failure". What am i to do to sort this out? is there a way to out the problem and find out what HARDWARE it is from using the PC? It then goes to a screen and says CPU FAN ERROR! Press F1 to Resume. I have plugged the front case fan into the CPU FAN position as it could only reach that one and then put the CPU fan in the PWR_FAN position. I think from what Yewen told me earlier that this means that front fan is something wrong, however it seems to be blowing still.

Next problem is that when i plug my old speakers into the computer they dont seem to work. I have gone to control panel and it says that no speakers can be found. What could have gone wrong to make this work, i dont think i plug in any cables when making this RIG as i thought the speakers wouldnt need anything extra because of the positiont there were in on the MOBO. What can i do?

The warning is because the mobo is set by default to give an alarm if there is no rpm reading from the cpu fan. If you plug a normal 80mm/92/120 without a sensor (it will have 3 wires if it has a sensor and 2 if it does not) then the board will pick up 0rpm and give an alarm. What you want to do is plug the CPU fan into the CPU fan plug on the board - or if that's not possible, goto the BIOS and in the Hardware Monitoring page, disable the CPU fan alarm.

As for the sound, make sure you have installed all the drivers - with my A8n32 the Asus installer "all in one" didn't install the sound driver - I had to manually install it on it's own. If they are installed make sure your speakers are plugged into the correct port - for plain stereo the green socket is usually the default.

Hope that helps
all the best
mj

Soldato
OP
well i have put the CPU fan back and unplugged the front fan as Yewen said its not highyl needed when not OCing, but it still makes the 2beeps then 4quic beeps noise

How would i install the sound, i havent got a seperate sound card, just the 6channel one it came with. My speakers are just 2 little old LABTEC speakers so i dont think i have a CD to install software.

Associate
addy_010 said:
well i have put the CPU fan back and unplugged the front fan as Yewen said its not highyl needed when not OCing, but it still makes the 2beeps then 4quic beeps noise

How would i install the sound, i havent got a seperate sound card, just the 6channel one it came with. My speakers are just 2 little old LABTEC speakers so i dont think i have a CD to install software.

Is this rig the one set out in your sig' ?

Not that it really matters as most boards with onboard sound WILL require installation of the drivers. The CD that came with the mobo should have them. Auto run that and look for the driver install tab that is common to Asus installers. Run the sound install and reboot, make sure your speakers are plugged into the correct socket - and if still no joy , double check the BIOS to make sure the onboard audio is enabled.

As to the CPU fan, the fan itself, what kind is it ? Does it have 3 wires coming out of it to the plug? If so, then it has an rpm sensor, so double check the BIOS for fan warning settings.

Final point, when posting a query like this, it might get a better response and a quicker resolution, if you detail everything you have in specifics. Board type, is it new, chip type, fan type, memory brand etc. That way someone with the exact same bit of kit might have the answer and save you any hair tearing :)

Good luck
mj

Soldato
OP
well i put in the CD for ASUS once again and i couldnt find any audio things to install so i explored the CD and found a folder called AUDIO. I went into this and found a shortcut that sais ASUS SETUP which i clicked and it then come up with an error messege saying: "Does not support this operatin system: WNY_5.1P_MCE

now my problem is i have no idea what the heck this means. Can anyone give any advice

sorry about before not being quiet informative about my system, yes the system im using is the one in my Sig

Back
Top Bottom