CV help!

Associate
Hello everyone,

I feel very cheeky for doing this but I don't really have anyone else I could ask who works in this kind of field. I was wondering if you guys could kindly give me some feedback on my CV. :)

As the first page is the most important I have copied and pasted it here. Obviously, if I knew if there was anyway of attaching it, I would have haha.

The job I'm going for is IT First Line support. I made a thread yesterday briefly along these lines but was more to do with it being important having CompTIA certifications.

I will appreciate all honest and harsh feedback as thats the only way I can learn :).

EDIT: Have posted whole of my CV from google doc.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...833&authkey=!AJdQ0ulBZlL4Kbg&ithint=file,docx

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I do have an education section. It goes onto my second page and I'm finding it hard to fit all one page. I would show you my layout but not sure how.

My trust account doesnt seem to be activated on my OCUK forum profile. I don't receive PMs

Soldato
Will be easiest to upload it onto a Google doc and share the link here instead.

Would remove your personal details for now, having your address and mobile phone details probably isn't the best on a public forum.

EDIT: It's changed/fake :p

Associate
Yeah as no one is replying I guess I'll try and help...... it isn't great.

Think about what your trying to say and who your saying it too, and add a little bit of personality.

You list no qualifications (which you might need to TBH as I'm guessing this is a early career job), you mention what you want to do all sorts of quals (which are all a bit meh) and then mention your degree with so little detail I'm like "WTF he's got a degree Forensic Science but stressing he sells suits at top man?"

Give a company a chance to understand what you love, give them examples of leadership and team working. When I read a CV I look for passion, I look for some ability to do simple things like lead a task or take responsibility for team.

Associate
OP
@ Ultralaser, I see what you mean as I'm going into a a completely different field I'm finding it difficult to really sell myself. Your feedback is very helpful and I understand where you're coming from

Soldato
Should have used one drive or Dropbox :p

Anyway I think you need to start off by stating your a graduate, not the other way round. Then you need to mention your interest in IT, followed by retail experience.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've finally managed to upload my CV with the current format.

I have noticed qualifications goes onto my first page, but thats because I removed my details.

I hope you guys can view it correctly now :).

Associate
OP
I did have it separate at one stage because I did my A levels and GCSEs at the same school. But now you picked up on it, maybe others will get confused too. Thank you :)

I am going to improve this so much and show more character and actually show off my degree more. I was just trying to think of job experiences more than education :(

Permabanned
Spreading across 2 A4 pieces of paper has not been a barrier to getting the interviews for me - but the first has to have ALL the ESSENTIAL information that would catch the eye of an employer - and if you are going for a particular job then tailor make it to suit by highlighting skills that you might not mention in a general C.V, for example if your general C.V does not highlight your ability to use a staple gun but the critia for the job is specifically asking for someone with experience with a staple gun then make sure you mention this and that you can use the XJS MK II staple cannon (LVL 5). The point being is you stand out from the general C.V's
Worked for me many times although if you go through an agency they do it for you so you have to list as much as you can so they can tailor it for their client - better to add extra content to them directly if they are showing interest in you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom