• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
OP
Turn down to high, not notice any difference, profit.

Partly agree. Maybe game developers could adopt the standard of adding a 'console quality' option in games, so you are at least meeting that level of quality.

Maybe they don't like to draw attention to fact that 'high' / 'ultra' on PC games is often superior to console versions.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Obviously varies game by game and the implementation of the DRM, and even what DRM it is, but i've seen some crazy FPS increases in the past thanks to the removal of Denuvo.

Thing is- There's a large performance drop at 4K. Can't see why DRM would cause this.

Soldato
OP
its possible that the beta build isnt that well optimized... more likely to significantly reduce performance than DRM.

But it looks like its just a very cpu intensive game based on these results.

The game probably benefits heavily from 6-8 cpu cores, especially at lower resolutions

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That TH article is garbage. Can’t make any sense of the combined graphs.

All I want to know is what I can reasonably expect to run at (any resolution) to get mostly 60fps and some RT with my 4790k and 3070.

probably rtx 3090 for +50 fps. rtx3080 for +45 fps at 1080p ultra, RT (ultra) on. maybe 10-15% better in final game version.

close to 60 fps with DLSS + RT ultra on, with rtx 3080:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/PxcCTR2D7VuUy2ZbwxJYPf-970-80.png

**Do Not Hot link images **

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
there's a popular retailer that says they are expecting rtx 3060 ti stock by 15th jan 2021. Thought you guys might wanna know, hopefully this is an indicator of when stock levels could improve.

Soldato
OP
personally, Im glad they kept delaying the game, if games need some extra work, id prefer devs take the time to get them right. review scores matter...

cdpr is gonna have a tough time besting the witcher 3 - but they will be completely different genres with little in common in terms of gameplay.

Soldato
OP
It looks like AMD could be at a disadvantage at high resolutions in this title. DLSS ultra performance (UP) seems to make a large difference to min. frame rate, nearly doubling it for the RTX 3090 with Ray tracing on at 1440p (don't know if this is true with RT off), with even more improvement at 4k.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the RTX 3070 and 3080 in the final game version.

AMD is apparently working on a similar tech called Direct ML...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
getting an AMD CPU is mission impossible.

I've seen some websites suggesting Ryzen 5600 XT availability by 31st of December. Might be worth waiting. Or, maybe there will be a 5700X, with 8 cores? Would've thought that would be the sweetspot.

Soldato
OP
I really think the ray tracing options in games are way overhyped. Just turn them off, and play at 1440P or 4K - Use DLSS if needed.

No need to worry about it yet really, the hardware can't run RT yet at decent framerates.

If you've got an rtx 3080 / 3090, RT might be an option if DLSS is used.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think an extra add in card (PCIE ?) would be a good idea for Ray Tracing... Would allow much more powerful hardware, for those with the power supplies (and extras cash) to handle it. Doesn't seem to be happening though, I suppose because it's still pretty new, and there probably wouldn't be that much demand for seperate RT cards (yet). Ideally, you'd want something that doesn't lower overall game performance - only rendering RT in a quality it can handle...

On the other hand - Anyone remember the PhysX add in cards? They died on their A*** They were replaced by CUDA cores in Nvidia GPUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I generally find a minimum FPS of 50 to be good enough for smooth gameplay, some games benefit from higher framerates though...

I'm impressed by the performance boosts from techs like DLSS, although I think it is something of a performance workaround / compromise.

Will be nice to play at 4k + DLSS if I can get an RTX 3070...

Its a shame DLSS isn't available for AMD GPUs also, I hope they can come up with an equivalent tech - That is actually supported by developers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks like CDPR requested that the benchmarks be removed from that Tomshardware article.

Some a** covering going on by the looks of things...

Back
Top Bottom