• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
OP
Tomshardware is looking at the performance of the relase version of Cyberpunk 2077, doesn't look to different to what we saw before at 1080p Ultra:

QPoSR3Gf6ETD6AEhmepaPC-970-80.png

the min FPS of high end GPUs like the RX 6800 XT and RTX 3080 is noticeably higher. Odly, RTX 3080 got a higher min FPS than the RTX 3090, maybe due to random variation.

Soldato
OP
We need to see 4K Ultra performance with DLSS performance / Quality enabled with Ray Tracing off really, to properly judge the game's performance.

Soldato
OP
Is it likely to be about a 30-40% performance boost, with DLSS enabled at 1440p and 4K resolution? If so, probably won't be hitting 60 FPS at 4K on an RTX 3070.

Soldato
OP
Not a 'fair' comparison, but the RTX 3070 or RTX 2080 TI with DLSS (Balanced) gets about double the min. FPS of the RT 6800 at 4K ultra:

13054621647l.jpg

AMD needs to get their s*** together and work with game devs to support an alternative to DLSS.

I think it's pretty terrible for PC gamers that there isn't some non proprietary option, supported by both AMD and Nvidia.

RT still not worth the performance hit in my view...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does the game combine temporal AA with DLSS?

Or, disable the built in temporal AA with DLSS on?

Personally, I like the temporal AA, but I'm playing on an R9 390 at less than 1080p :D

Soldato
OP
RIP 9700k and 8600k

The 8 Core CPUs do very well generally, particulary the R7 2700 and R7 3700X. Shame there is no R7 5700X yet, I'm sure it would do very well in single threaded and multithreaded tasks.

The R3 3300X is probably roughly equivalent to my 4770K in performance... I'm a bit staggered to see that upgrading to an R7 5800X or 10700 would probably more than double my minimum framerate in this game, at least on the medium gfx preset.

Actually, I think CDPR deserves some credit for actually utilizing this many CPU cores in Cyberpunk 2077 - Although with some hiccups on AMD CPUs with SMT at launch.

I assume efficient 8 core multithreading will become much more common now, since the Series X / PS5 launches.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Guys can someone tell me what RT means?

Does it mean retarded? I've heard your framerate can be cut in half so this would make sense

Soldato
OP
It does if you tried to run it on a non RTX card :p

I hear some cards don't even give you the option :D

Of course, after 90 pages you should have been able to figure that out. Or maybe just RT :rolleyes:

No, I can't figure out why someone would subject themselves to this setting ;)

Soldato
OP
Did they fix the cars popping in and out of existence yet with 1.10? That's the only bug that's significantly impacted my gameplay immersion thus far, when you need a vehicle etc. It generally happens when running around the city outskirts / highways.

Maybe a RAM / VRAM resource issue?

EDIT - and Jackie's gun clipping through his head in some cinematics :rolleyes:

Feel bad for the devs rly, must be gut wrenching to come close to finishing after many years, but be forced to release in the v1.03 state.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers, I'll backup. I think it's probably a lot to do with the game being designed for consoles too, so the game engine streams in a lot of resources on the fly and the devs didn't get round to tweaking it for PC yet.

The problem I had was a bit different to many other ppl, as you get closer to cars on foot, in some areas they just disappear...

Another player discusses the issue here, apparently still in v1.10:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...isappearing-100-of-time-wtf-is-this.11054087/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did they redo the silly car traffic (sprites) that you see in the distance? That just randomly pop in and out.

It says this in the notes "Improved crowd reactions, pathfinding and despawning"

Some nice little details "It's now possible to sell unused cyberware at a Ripperdoc".

There's also an in game benchmark now, so you can cry about the game's performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom