*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Anyone got a comparison vid to hand between 1.1 and 1.2 in terms of performance? I booted this up for the first time in a while and my performance is a lot worse at everything max/pshyco.

I played about 2 hours last night. My non-scientific takeaway from the patch is:

Frame rate was smoother, though I haven't been benching it/watching it (why to follow)
Same jank, floating characters etc.
Same audio jank, dialogue overlapping, annoying calls, had a headless (and very dead) enemy shouting at me.
Cars handle better but bikes are still weird imo, not how I expect a futuristic superbike to handle.
LOD pop-in on debris/props seems to be closer but that could me.
Odd texture filtering artifact in the mid distance that wasn't there before, mainly on road/building surfaces.

I'm playing at 1080p with a 3700X and RX570 4GB and wasn't getting stellar frame rates to begin with, but sufficient for the type of came this is, mix of med/high settings.

I made a backup of 1.12 and I had a quick play with 1.2 and switched between the two versions for a while.

The driving is worse with a controller now on PC which is what i have been using. I had an .ini mod that made it great on 1.12 but broken on 1.2. It does seem better with keyboard so i will give them that. I have played with the sensitivity etc but its just different. They should have had an option for optimised for keyboard/controller (1.2/1.12) if possible.

Ive seen some other glitches like missing pictures the inventory and the game feels all a bit laggy. It ran great before in my last 250+ hours (i know that is rare)

Unfortunately the 1.2 saves cannot be loaded back in 1.12 so i will stick to 1.12 for now as i cannot see anything useful except the cheaper skill respec and, at least for me if its not broken why fix it.

Actually drank a soft drink in game, gives hydration status for a few minutes... Like they planned to have hunger and thirst and didn't finish or something

IIRC hydration status increases stamina regen rate and fed status increases health point regen rate. That doesn't look like an unfinished thing to me.

Does anyone know if CDPR fixed the legendary clothing plan vendor bug when they were fiddling with clothing vendors?

Is stamina ever an issue for anyone? I haven't got even half way down the bar in combat and not even tried to buff stamina

I ran out of stamina while running. But I never drank anything. I just switched to walking for a little while until the bar refilled. So it wasn't an issue.

I don't think they planned to have hunger and thirst. I think food and drink were and are intended to increase health and stamina regen. The mechanic is, I think, unbalanced but not unfinished.

It's been running well for me. I've been able to turn all RTX on with a smooth framerate. I like the changes to vendors and crafting too.

I have had no issues with the game so far.

just done Jackie's funeral and managed to get his bike.

Last edited:
Booted this up for the first time since Christmas today to mop up the last few trophies, some of which were glitched during my first play through. No crashes in 120 hours in total but way more graphical bugs since I last played. It also performed noticeably worse and I had to reduce graphical settings to get a decent frame rate. Got all the trophies now though so uninstalled it and am moving on to something else.

Back
Top Bottom