*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

I was meaning in comparison to the video, like for like

Haven't tried with latest patch or 1080p but 1440p with ultra settings and RT on with my 3070FE IIRC I was getting between 36 and 42FPS - turn on DLSS and it was around 60.

EDIT: It will depend a lot where you actually look at performance though.

Last edited:
Haven't tried with latest patch or 1080p but 1440p with ultra settings and RT on with my 3070FE IIRC I was getting between 36 and 42FPS - turn on DLSS and it was around 60.

EDIT: It will depend a lot where you actually look at performance though.

So without dlss Nvidia still a bit faster then, and with a slightly lower card

Nah, mine is £59 for that, but being 'rural' it's the only supplier available.

Cant argue with the only supplier being gigabit lol. Mine is Vodafone (CityFibre) FTTP. For the money it's an amazing package, fast with low latency and symmetric, what else could you ask for? I'm contemplating if its even worth turning RT on in Cyberpunk with my 6800xt. Or of I should just carry on with the same settings I started playing at with the Radeon 7.

Not played since release, is it now worth jumping into with patch 1.2 or shall I continue waiting? I wasn't annoyed by anything upon release, I actually played 10 hours solid in one sitting. It's the annoying bugs like the AI that stopped me playing.

Oh my word the NPC dialogue on this game is worse than games 20 years old. Talk to people in a nightclub and they all say the same phrases.

some of them dont even face you. they just talk to a wall. I talked to one, she walked right through me, went to the toilets and washed her hands and face without water then repeated the same dialogue when I talked again.

The state of this game is shocking lol.

I'm months behind people in playing this so I am probably repeating stuff already said. Anyway.. Think I'll accept defeat. This game ain't for me.

Last edited:
I like most had been looking forward to this game for years. Just seams such a shame it was released in such a shabby state.. Now spring is here and my game playing dwindles to almost non existent i shall wait until at least the autumn until i even consider buying it!

Oh my word the NPC dialogue on this game is worse than games 20 years old. Talk to people in a nightclub and they all say the same phrases.
It's an RPG like Bloodlines. If you are talking to random NPCs you are doing it wrong, they are there only to provide backdrop.

It's an RPG like Bloodlines. If you are talking to random NPCs you are doing it wrong, they are there only to provide backdrop.

I think I'd rather there wasn't an option to talk to them. I appreciate how hard it must be creating unique dialogue for them. But the fact they have the same skins and you can see twinned people within 100m is annoying. It would be justified if places were densely populated but it just seems lifeless.

Company strat vid talking about changes and the life of their 2 main franchises. Seems pretty clear that fixing and improving CP2077 is a major item for them.

Company strat vid talking about changes and the life of their 2 main franchises. Seems pretty clear that fixing and improving CP2077 is a major item for them.
Supposedly so was putting out the best game possible in the first place. Wouldn’t believe a word of what they say. Plus they used the world ‘agile’ in one of their statements which makes me think they’re now being run by a load of business speak numpties.
And now trying to develop titles concurrently... I can’t see that ending well either. Can’t even develop one properly let alone 2+!

Cant argue with the only supplier being gigabit lol. Mine is Vodafone (CityFibre) FTTP. For the money it's an amazing package, fast with low latency and symmetric, what else could you ask for? I'm contemplating if its even worth turning RT on in Cyberpunk with my 6800xt. Or of I should just carry on with the same settings I started playing at with the Radeon 7.
Having tried both high and low ends, I'd say the graphics quality really adds a lot to a game like this. You need the high fidelity smoke and fog, all the shadows, all the surface textures and reflections, all the dirt and grittiness. It's a big part of this genre, and playing without just makes everything look almost Borderlands level cartoony.

some of them dont even face you. they just talk to a wall. I talked to one, she walked right through me, went to the toilets and washed her hands and face without water then repeated the same dialogue when I talked again.
Isn't that what happens to you in a real life nightclub anyway? :p

Back
Top Bottom