*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

taB

taB

Associate
Some of the developer react videos on speed runs can be interesting (some not so much) - there was one game I forget which which is hideously long someone found out how to get to the ending in 3 minutes or something.

Morrowind would be my guess.

Man of Honour
struggling for something to play at the minute, so im going to give this another go !!

Bit annoying - I'm really in the mood for the game this was supposed to be - something where I can really build my character up, nothing is really taking my fancy at the moment, but I'm not interested in replaying it for the story, etc. at the moment.

Soldato
Bit annoying - I'm really in the mood for the game this was supposed to be - something where I can really build my character up, nothing is really taking my fancy at the moment, but I'm not interested in replaying it for the story, etc. at the moment.

OG Deus Ex would be my shout, hard to look past the graphics these days but in terms of world building, story, game mechanics, it's still hard to beat.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OG Deus Ex would be my shout, hard to look past the graphics these days but in terms of world building, story, game mechanics, it's still hard to beat.
Wish Square Enix would make a Remake of it. Silly plonkers too busy developing games for IP’s they don’t own instead.

If they do develop one I hope they learned their lesson up until now and do not try and stick in useless online and cosmetic stuff that has no place in a Deus Ex game. Focus on single player experience and offer good quality story dlc. That is it. Do that and I reward them by buying it full price day one.

Just look at Cyberpunk. Not like it is lacking in sales and it does not have any of the rubbish they tried to stick in Mankind Divided.

Soldato
If they do develop one I hope they learned their lesson up until now and do not try and stick in useless online and cosmetic stuff that has no place in a Deus Ex game. Focus on single player experience and offer good quality story dlc. That is it. Do that and I reward them by buying it full price day one.

I'll echo this, i'd pay whatever they ask for a true ground up remake, it sits as one of my favourite games of all time, they pretty much got everything right.

I enjoyed Human Revolution but not a patch on the OG, i've tried multiple times to play MD but it never grabs me - we won't talk about IW :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'll echo this, i'd pay whatever they ask for a true ground up remake, it sits as one of my favourite games of all time, they pretty much got everything right.

I enjoyed Human Revolution but not a patch on the OG, i've tried multiple times to play MD but it never grabs me - we won't talk about IW :D
I actually liked IW. Sure does not come close to OG but still enjoyed it non the less. Wish they had stuck to it being PC only tough. Even today loading times on a nvme or even Optane is super slow.

Man of Honour
I didn't hate IW but it was a pale imitation of a DX game. I'd love a remake of the original but it would have to be done well both in the gameplay systems and even getting things like mouse input and aiming right, inventory management, etc. as well as the depth of the world. I really want to play MD but I just find it too messy and clunky to enjoy.

Associate

I'm sure it was great for its time. But playing for the first time recently I can't say I recomend it as a gameplay experience. The sniper lense for example was really bad

Man of Honour
I'm sure it was great for its time. But playing for the first time recently I can't say I recomend it as a gameplay experience. The sniper lense for example was really bad

There are a couple of mods for it which improve most of the UI/inventory stuff without fundamentally changing the game (the glitch for managing space in the inventory and numbers of lockpicks/hacking tools used also makes the game far better to play) though the high-res texture mods I find a mixed bag as if anything they only emphasise how blocky the geometry is in places but on balance I play with them.

This is the thing though - old games like DX and City of Heroes, etc. managed, within the limitations of the time, to get a lot of the clothing, crafting, perks/skill points, etc. basic mechanics right or at least not horribly wrong - so why does a game like CP2077 released in this day and age get them so horribly wrong...

V F

V F

Soldato
There are a couple of mods for it which improve most of the UI/inventory stuff without fundamentally changing the game (the glitch for managing space in the inventory and numbers of lockpicks/hacking tools used also makes the game far better to play) though the high-res texture mods I find a mixed bag as if anything they only emphasise how blocky the geometry is in places but on balance I play with them.

This is the thing though - old games like DX and City of Heroes, etc. managed, within the limitations of the time, to get a lot of the clothing, crafting, perks/skill points, etc. basic mechanics right or at least not horribly wrong - so why does a game like CP2077 released in this day and age get them so horribly wrong...

Money and greed over passion and quality. The instant society.

Associate
Are there any mods for Cyberpunk 2077 that I should be using? Bought the game on release and didn't ever finsh it, so am going to start again. Just wondered if there are any that people would reccomend definetely using? Thanks.

Soldato
Are there any mods for Cyberpunk 2077 that I should be using? Bought the game on release and didn't ever finsh it, so am going to start again. Just wondered if there are any that people would reccomend definetely using? Thanks.

If you have enough vram, all the texture mods on nexus is a good starting point, at least from a graphical perspective, under "surfaces" on nexus if I remember right.

Soldato

very different game but really enjoying dying light atm. They have 3x XP running to the 5th so can unlock some useful skills fairly quickly. Loads of small DLC packs if you want to spice up the default equipment. DL2 is out in Feb.

The last 2 Deus Ex games where good but not amazing. Your meant to be playing an enhanced human with latest tech and training but in game feel a bit like a wet fish. I think CP2077 gives a better power fantasy than them.

V F

V F

Soldato
When did this become FarCry difficulty? The AI are shooting/killing me behind cover and containers. No line of sight one shotting me.

Man of Honour
When did this become FarCry difficulty? The AI are shooting/killing me behind cover and containers. No line of sight one shotting me.

The difficulty level varies around the map (approx clockwise rotation getting harder IIRC) - in the early game if you wander into some parts they will have hugely higher health and damage than you and some of the higher end smart weapons, etc. that don't need line of sight.

Back
Top Bottom