*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

V F

V F

Soldato
The difficulty level varies around the map (approx clockwise rotation getting harder IIRC) - in the early game if you wander into some parts they will have hugely higher health and damage than you and some of the higher end smart weapons, etc. that don't need line of sight.

I was on a Delamane mission returning 7 cars then decided to wonder into an assault area. Found one guy at level 37. I was level 11, I had 3 remaining out of 7 and his shotgun shot me through containers and brick walls while I was hiding restoring health.

Associate
I was going to pick this up for the holidays but managed to a void it with all the free games coming up on Epic. Think i will give it a miss now until the summer may be more content and bug fixes by then.

Caporegime
even on release it was like a 7/10 game imo..
I never experienced all the bugs though just sad the hype was a lie and the game was a lot more basic barebones than they lead everyone to believe.

coulda been a 10 but everyone felt lied to

like environmental destruction, but only on that one wall in that one specific place at the start of the game... the part they showed off to make the game seem like something it's not..

they clearly made that one specific wall destructible just to give that impression

Man of Honour
like environmental destruction, but only on that one wall in that one specific place at the start of the game... the part they showed off to make the game seem like something it's not..

they clearly made that one specific wall destructible just to give that impression

Irony for me is I don't think it is a game where destructible environments would really be a game changer - it does open up some interesting RPG abilities but the game would have been fine without.

The engine does actually support it fairly widely but doubt it would be easy to update the exiting environments to support it gameplay wise.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
@TNA I remember you reviewed it but that was a while back. Would this be a fair assessment (and not like tunnel vision shareholder)?

referring to this fair critique:
even on release it was like a 7/10 game imo..
I never experienced all the bugs though just sad the hype was a lie and the game was a lot more basic barebones than they lead everyone to believe.

coulda been a 10 but everyone felt lied to

yea but it gave the appearance of gameplay options that don't really exist outside of the tutorial.

if they didn't lie and over hype most people probably would have scored the game fairly high instead of feeling betrayed and calling it a buggy mess

Last edited:
Soldato
I was on a Delamane mission returning 7 cars then decided to wonder into an assault area. Found one guy at level 37. I was level 11, I had 3 remaining out of 7 and his shotgun shot me through containers and brick walls while I was hiding restoring health.

"Tech" weapons will do that as they can can shoot through walls etc and a Lv37 NPC shooting a (possibly) Tech shotgun at you means you have NO cover :D

Caporegime
Irony for me is I don't think it is a game where destructible environments would really be a game changer - it does open up some interesting RPG abilities but the game would have been fine without.

The engine does actually support it fairly widely but doubt it would be easy to update the exiting environments to support it gameplay wise.
yea but it gave the appearance of gameplay options that don't really exist outside of the tutorial.

if they didn't lie and over hype most people probably would have scored the game fairly high instead of feeling betrayed and calling it a buggy mess

Man of Honour

Yeah - it was noticeable how much they controlled coverage of the game leading up to launch - directing what Twitch streamers were showing off, etc. to give the impression of a much different game to what released - very bad IMO. Game really did not deserve that or to be released in the state it was and still is.

"Tech" weapons will do that as they can can shoot through walls etc and a Lv37 NPC shooting a (possibly) Tech shotgun at you means you have NO cover

Forgot that - one of the main weapons I used you could charge up to do a triangle of hits through walls, etc.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA I remember you reviewed it but that was a while back. Would this be a fair assessment (and not like tunnel vision shareholder)?
As I recall I gave it a 8.5 or 8.9? I would say 8.5 is fair. Had a lot of fun with it. It had some bugs yes, but that was not the real issue in my opinion. For me it was the missed opportunity in terms of dialogue and choices mattering. Felt very linear from that perspective which is not what was promised. I hope Dying Light 2 delivers on their promises. I want actions I take in the world to shape the world and have an impact.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah it sounds like I will enjoy it anyway, I never luckily had the hype pre release so should be win-win as I got it for decent price. Never grumble when you can buy big titles for a tenner (hope the patches have improved some of it too).
As long as you go into it with an open mind I am sure you will enjoy it. I enjoyed it a lot more than RDR2, that's for sure. That game was good graphically, but I think I am just getting board of this type of game. Will install it again for the third time some day to complete it I guess. Where as I could not put Cyberpunk down for over 100 hours as I recall.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
As long as you go into it with an open mind I am sure you will enjoy it. I enjoyed it a lot more than RDR2, that's for sure. That game was good graphically, but I think I am just getting board of this type of game. Will install it again for the third time some day to complete it I guess. Where as I could not put Cyberpunk down for over 100 hours as I recall.

Yes I almost gave up at the start in the snow/mountains.. man that dragged. Got it saved just past that with the new town place to hope I get sucked in. I also have HZD to play and will install the latest driver as it has improved it by the looks of it.

Caporegime
Reinstalled this to find my fairly advanced save is gone. :(

Time to start as a nomad as I’ve never met Panam, but mildly annoyed as you can’t romance her as female V. Not sure I can stomach male V just to do it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes I almost gave up at the start in the snow/mountains.. man that dragged. Got it saved just past that with the new town place to hope I get sucked in. I also have HZD to play and will install the latest driver as it has improved it by the looks of it.
HZD is much better than RDR2 in my opinion. I really enjoyed that on PS4 Pro a couple of years ago. Will buy a steam key soon once it is under a tenner to add to my collection :D

Soldato

Time to start as a nomad as I’ve never met Panam, but mildly annoyed as you can’t romance her as female V. Not sure I can stomach male V just to do it.

There are various Mods which can both allow a previously restricted Player Romance (Female with Panam, Male with Judy and all the other combinations) and, for the lost saved game, whilst it'd not redo any story missions (you have to go through those again sadly) they can give you all the perks points, levels, money you need to return your player back to the "lost save" level if you can remember what you had.

Soldato

You'll want this to get with Panam if you're playing lady V.
I did her and River back to back. Judy's next, and Rogue'll probably get it too :D

V F

V F

Soldato
"Tech" weapons will do that as they can can shoot through walls etc and a Lv37 NPC shooting a (possibly) Tech shotgun at you means you have NO cover :D

I'll have to revisit that section. I was going through health packs like crazy. :cry:

The level 37 punk to a degree was also regenerating health. The funniest part was watching them peek the containers. The women were leaning out behind the containers with their cowboy hats. It reminded me of Division 2's AI. If your cross hair is on them, they wont come out. Move a little and they start appearing.

You'll want this to get with Panam if you're playing lady V.
I did her and River back to back. Judy's next, and Rogue'll probably get it too :D

Funny, this game is starting to remind me of a form of the film, Her 2013 and in certain ways Fifth Element and Blade Runner 1982.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well that worked out well. Had to keep staggering that level 37 so he kept falling over and chipping away so he couldn't one shot me. Got some apparel and guns from him I cannot equip yet. Including his shotgun. :D

Must have went through 35 med kits from all that assault. :cry: Now level 12 with a few street cred levels gone up.

Back
Top Bottom