*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Not entirely accurate, on a Gsync/VRR Gsync Compatible display, enabling Vsync has an alternative function as to how the VRR works and is necessary. Before later NV driver updates, Vsync was forced on when Gsync was enabled, because that's how it works. It should go back to that really and probably will with the new NV App once it hits release and replaces NVCP as NV mentioned the removal of defunct settings that don't matter any more.

Soldato
Thanks all. Vsync disabled produced a smoother average of 51fps with the inbuilt benchmark.

For reference that’s with all settings on High/ Ultra, RT on (path tracing off) at 2560x1440. 5700x CPU, 6800XT GPU

Soldato
That's the PB Tails Crush controller, I had it sent for review:

I also have the 8bitdo Ultimate 2.4/Bluetooth which I ordered for myself and is coming this evening. Both have hall effect controls so no stick drift or wear. The 8bitdo has some more features and customisation though so that will probably be my go-to for niche gaming like this. I'll use the gyros when driving in fps view to look around :cool:

8bitDo doesn't have gyro though does it?

Soldato
Thanks all. Vsync disabled produced a smoother average of 51fps with the inbuilt benchmark.

For reference that’s with all settings on High/ Ultra, RT on (path tracing off) at 2560x1440. 5700x CPU, 6800XT GPU

Nice one! Glad it's playing better now. I would expect you can get your fps even higher by turning ray tracing off. I know it looks nice, but it is a big performance hit.

Soldato
Nice one! Glad it's playing better now. I would expect you can get your fps even higher by turning ray tracing off. I know it looks nice, but it is a big performance hit.
Night City is a place to be viewed at its best imho. And 50fps with VRR is still nice and smooth so no complaints from me now I’ve got the 30fps issue fixed

Soldato
It does in Switch Input mode! I'm more interested in comparing its bluetooth performance vs the PB Tails though.

I was looking at the 2.4 version, which obviously they don't do in the switch version... post a review when you get it. I'm weighing up in my head whether to just use my pro controller or try one of these, or try to get a dual sense to work....

Man of Honour
If you have a Switch Pro controller then I'd say use that, Steam natively supports Switch Pro anyways. The 8BitDo I've been using for the evening and it's actually very nice, more things to like about this than on the PB Trails Crush I'd say but in order to get 2.4Ghz + gyro working on PC you need to install a beta firmware for the receiver which then allows connection in Switch input mode, but the downside is that the analogue triggers become digital buttons in Switch Pro mode.

So for my uses I'm ditching the exploration of motion control in FPS games and only using it in games where it's actually used like Switch Emulation. I'll also be using the bluetooth on a Switch anyway so it will be fine for that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not essential but highly recommended. Dog Town is a large chunk of Pacifica and you will otherwise not be able to enter it without the DLC, you also get new quests as part of it and parts of the base story delve into Dog Town lore and things you do or acquire along the way. It's also basically a AAA game all in itself so worth it for that alone.

Associate
I have a 1440p monitor how will this play with ray tracing off? My spec is in my dig.
Yeah, it'll play great. I play with ray tracing off on a tier down spec from you (5800x3D vs. 7800x3D & 7900XT vs. XTX) with a mix of settings and comfortably sit above 120fps.

I used Hardware Unboxed's optimised settings and then bumped a few things up from there.

Man of Honour
I was looking at the 2.4 version, which obviously they don't do in the switch version... post a review when you get it. I'm weighing up in my head whether to just use my pro controller or try one of these, or try to get a dual sense to work....

Ok for some reason in Cyberpunk, with the 8bitdo set to switch input mode, even with steam input doing the translation, and even though Steam sees the gyro features, Cyberpunk just doesn't seem to like it and doesn't detect any controller. Go back to Xinput and all's well. So think it's just compatibility with Cyberpunk.

Using the Switch input mode in emulation works flawlessly for both Wii U and Switch. I'm using the latest 103 beta firmware for the 8bitdo 2.4GHz receiver and there's no latency or connection troubles in either mode now. Toggling the mode is super easy, just hold 2 buttons for whatever mode you want and the dongle switches over.

For emulation and perhaps some other games on Steam that can use motion, this will be handy I reckon, but bear in mind that the Wii U and Switch Pro controllers have digital triggers not analogue, and 8bitdo replicates that 1:1, so when in Switch Input, the triggers become digital triggers not analogue. So if analogue triggering is more important in a game than motion gyro control. then flick over to Xinput. Nice to have the option but a shame the FW doesn't allow both Switch Input with analogue triggers. There should be a pseudo mode for PC use only where both can be toggled. Maybe they are working on a FW for this... Maybe.

For now it's great with emulation though :cool:

3dcMwe5.gif

0OAaI8F.gif

Man of Honour
ooh what are you using to emulate zelda?
Cemu for Breath of the Wild, Ryjinx for Tears of the Kingdom. Cemu does the gfx better in BoTW thanks to longer advanced development and visual upgrades and both are rendering at ultrawide 5120x2160, BoTW is running at up to 120fps, ToTK at 60fps (Ryujinx limitation of the mods available).

Last edited:
Suspended
Not sure I'm convinced on this game which is a real shame as I remember being younger and being so hyped.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the graphics look blurry and low texture even at 4k maxed out.

Game play is okay but found a lot of glitches constantly. Police are genuinely stupid and it breaks immersion. I just played the dinner sinnerman mission and it was so painful to see the scripting.

I think if the story was more compelling it would be fine but currently it's a big of a damp squib.

Then again I dream of a game like the original deus ex with modern budget. I wouldn't even care about graphics!

Back
Top Bottom