Cycling Holidays

Soldato
Just looking at potentially giong away first week in November and contemplating heading back to Majorca as haven't been for 6/7 years or maybe Gran Canaria, anyone been that time of year or just in general thats been to both tocompare Gran Canaria to Majorca which I know quite well.

Associate
Just looking at potentially giong away first week in November and contemplating heading back to Majorca as haven't been for 6/7 years or maybe Gran Canaria, anyone been that time of year or just in general thats been to both tocompare Gran Canaria to Majorca which I know quite well.
Been looking at Tenerife or Gran Canaria myself in October, albeit reckon I’ll end up going for a week and just renting a bike for 2/3 days and having the rest on the beach!

Soldato
Been a while but booked to go out to Majorca for a week next March, was last out in 2015, but don't expect much has changed. Was thinking of going elsewhere (tenerife, gc) but cost for flights and car was about 30% more.

Soldato
It's been a busy year for me, the first time I've cycled abroad but have been to Majorca, The Alps and now have Girona coming up in a month's time.

There are a few of us planning a Paris-Roubaix trip for next Easter at the moment.

Soldato
Not been away this year. Was planning October but wife couldn't get the week off. Be nice to head back to majorca after 8 years! Also nice to have the missus come drop me off/pick me up so I can do all the climbs without the boring rides to them if we stay alcuida way!

Soldato
Being a bit lazy, heading to majorca in 2 weeks and looking at routes. Been 7 years since I last went, so know a few main ones but looking at some different stuff.

Unfortunately sa Calobra looks to be out of the question due to the recent road collapse. So will be going to Formentor one of the days and puig major from soller another but wondering what other good options I've got, will probably head up to lluc from inca and pollenca directions! Also wife will be with me so have the option of doing some one way rides. So may look to head to the south of the island.

Any routes always appreciated!

Last edited:
Soldato
Cycle the full west coast line if you can do a one way ride. Dip down and up to the ports along the way.

I didn't realise there had been a road collapse at Sa Calobra. Ouch.

Soldato
Cycle the full west coast line if you can do a one way ride. Dip down and up to the ports along the way.

I didn't realise there had been a road collapse at Sa Calobra. Ouch.
Which ones that? Pollenca to andratx?

Will do @AndyCr15, talk of being open for light traffic through traffic lighted system, but well it's Spain!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like I've been on the OcUK Strava top spot for nearly 4 years. Highly doubt I could better that now - was far fitter in 2019!

31:46 is the time to beat :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom