Poll: DAB+ is the future? Digital terrestrial radio broadcasting

Which method do you prefer when listening to radio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
That is fanboyism - my club is better than yours.
No, the Panasonic is a better established and more popular brand. I don't want to hear anything about the unknown Denon.

Denon........unknown....... lol . Now we all know how clueless you are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And it’s nothing to do with fanboyism.... my system is in my signature.... It’s just a “tiny” bit better than yours :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t put a separate dab unit into my system... I’d cry from the poor quality audio I’d hear :eek:

I would put a network streamer in tho... As the quality would be a lot better than dab.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Denon........unknown....... lol . Now we all know how clueless you are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know that brand.

I know Panasonic.

"In a lot of ways, you can hear where your extra cash has gone with the Panasonic SC-PMX9DB. It’s arguably the most detailed, most composed system we’ve heard near this price, even nudging our Award-winning Denon D-M39DAB for out-and-out insight.

Its midrange is really well judged and its treble stays on the right side of brightness without ever becoming grating.

It goes loud too, with a good stereo image and a big sound that shouldn’t have a problem filling a reasonably large room.
"
Panasonic SC-PMX9DB review | What Hi-Fi?

Soldato
I don't know that brand.

I know Panasonic.

" It’s arguably the most detailed, most composed system we’ve heard near this price, even nudging our Award-winning Denon D-M39DAB for out-and-out insight

Your quoting a review of a system that came out 9 years ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That model denon didn’t even have DAB+ . That only started in the uk in 2016. My god your rubbish at this aren’t you lol.

Your panny is that popular, I can’t find a single reference to it on eBay.. which sums it up really

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm pretty sure the OP made a thread about buying his mini-system a few years back, a page of people telling him to buy a Denon and he still went for Panasonic.

Anyone arguing on the basis of audio quality should be fully aware of a company like Denon, the fact the OP isn't is very telling.

Permabanned
OP
I'm pretty sure the OP made a thread about buying his mini-system a few years back, a page of people telling him to buy a Denon and he still went for Panasonic.

This indeed happened, I asked for help and received not help.
It was like asking whichever you do prefer - Nvidia or AMD and everyone in single voice to shout, Nvidia, of course... :o
Just no.

Good growing numbers and news from everywhere, though:

"In the highest year of sales since the introduction of DAB+, more than 1.83 million DAB+ recievers were sold in Germany in 2020. As evidenced by the HEMIX (Home Electronics Market Index), this corresponds to an increase of 15.2 percent compared to the previous year. Sales of DAB+ Radios also grew in double digits at 13 percent: from €216 million in 2019 to the current record of €244 million in 2020."
DAB+ mit bestem Jahr seit 2011: Mehr als 1,8 Mio. DAB+ Radios verkauft | DAB+ Mehr Radio (dabplus.de)

"Australia’s DAB+ digital radio-only stations attracted a weekly audience of 2.35 million people in 2020, an increase of 15% from 2.04 million in 2019, according to GfK data released by industry body Commercial Radio Australia."
Commercial Radio Australia - Commercial Radio Australia

"One World Radio, which has just celebrated its 2nd anniversary, kicks off its European roll-out via DAB+ in Flanders and Brussels – with further expansion in Europe planned in the coming months. The transition to DAB+ has started irreversibly and digital radio listening awaits a golden future in Flanders and Europe."
Experience and listen to Tomorrowland digitally via DAB+ every day from now on

Soldato
It was like asking whichever you do prefer - Nvidia or AMD and everyone in single voice to shout, Nvidia, of course... :o
Just no.

Wow you talk total ********, the only reason you didn't get the Denon was because it was unavailable, there was a ton of advice in that thread. I hope the view is good upon your high horse, pompous ***.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/panasonic-mini-systems.18850652/

Man of Honour
Just no.

"and everyone in single voice to shout Denon" for good reason; several good reasons, in fact.

Denon is first and foremost an audio company. Panasonic is not.

Denon produces award winning audio product when judged on sound quality. Panasonic does not.

Denon has consistently produced the best-in-class mini/micro audio system for much of the last decade. Panasonic has not.

I have a lot of respect for Panasonic and its video engineering. My TV is Panasonic. Several of my BD players are Panasonic. I have sold and promoted Panasonic industrial, professional and broadcast video cameras and edit suite equipment when I was in that trade.

What Panasonic is not is a domestic audio company. It had Technics as an audio brand, but even when it did this was not a premium audio quality product range in separates Hi-Fi. Its midi systems were easily outclassed by Pioneer and Trio/Kenwood. Panasonic audio systems were the poor relation to Technics.

Panasonic audio gear exists for a couple of reasons:
1) Technics was dead for a long time in consumer audio

2) Matsushita (Panasonic's parent company) wanted to bolster sales it was losing to other brands

3) Audio sales count towards annual retro targets for incremental discounts based on turnover. This secures Panasonic's more lucrative video and TV business within the dealer base

Put more simply, if a shop has a Panasonic account, then Panasonic audio is a soft sell in to that account and it helps keep the door closed to competing brands. It's not about quality; Its about securing market share.

Even when Panasonic pulled out all the stops with its SC-PMX9 at £150 more than the Denon at that time, they still couldn't beat it.

What you wanted was some sycophantic agreement with the decision you'd already made to buy the Panasonic. However, the forum members here have integrity. When you didn't get the approval you sought you got annoyed. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
There is a well documented evidence by independent reviewers and customers that Panasonic is the superior brand, hence there is no stock and no choice for denon, while everyone buys Panasonic or other brands.

Look, if you recommend Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Bang & Olufsen, Harman Kardon, Porshe Design, I'd somehow listen more to your advice. But denon?! Hell, no!

Permabanned
OP
Why do people continue to engage with such obvious trolling?

The only trolls here are you. Paid shills!

The choice of a receiver is completely irrelevant to the discussion in the thread. And even then, you are wrong.

Why do you keep trolling and derailing the thread?

Back
Top Bottom