Dali Speakers

Associate
Has anyone had experience of using Dali speakers for pc?

Looking for a good stereo set of speakers so I don't need to use my headset all the time and so can hear the intercom, gate buzzer and/or "the wife" lol.

Quite liked the look of Dali kubik free and xtra speakers and reviews I've seen rate them as the aural second coming. I realise they maybe a little overkill but I really fancy a great pair of stereo speakers with sound to die for.

Thanks for any help/insight.

Best

Wulf

Associate
OP
Thanks for the answers so far guys.

Desk I'm using has my 35" monitor on it and a 27" monitor with just over 6 foot between them space wise and each monitor is about a foot away from the wall on either side. The desk is bespoke and runs the entire length of the wall. Desk top is 600mm deep.

Best

Wulf

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok, so looking at the Dali speakers the "Free" speaker is active and can be connected to PC via a mini USB port. There is also the option to connect a sub should you wish to.

Also seen Kef X300A speakers which received similarly good reviews and as above are active speakers connected via USB but without the flexibility to add a sub should you so desire at some point.

Best

Wulf

Soldato
Helpful. Very helpful.

Hornetstinger does like to inform people that he has £1000 speakers, even though that information is not relevant to the thread.

Can't disagree with what he said about going to listen to different brands, though; and sticking with wired speakers.

Aren't those DALI Kubik Free + Extra £900 for the both?

If you're serious about spending that kind of money, then it would be best to visit an audio store. £900 gives you a quite a bit of choice. Sound preference is a personal thing. I've lost count the amount of times I've seen people say that they were recommended something and went into an audio store with the intention of buying that, but ended up buying different, because they preferred the sound a different brand provided.

Associate
OP
Sound advice (see what I did there?):D

Yeah the Dali kubik speakers as a pair are still £900. I'll pop over to an audio store and take a look and see if I can audition them.

Best

Wulf

Soldato
Hornetstinger does like to inform people that he has £1000 speakers, even though that information is not relevant to the thread.

Actually it is relevent. I paid £150 for those speakers (RRP of £1000)
Buy second hand and you get high end speakers for new budget speaker prices.

So with his £900 budget he could buy some £4000 speakers (actually again the speakers I got were £3500, and only paid £700)

Associate
I also use Dali Zensor 1 speakers in stereo with a NAD amp that serves as PC/Movies/Xbone/Turntable the lot. On a set of stands there are fantastic for a small/medium room. I would get the Zensor 3 if you have a large room they will sing!

Associate
I have the Dali Kubic One soundbar it really is brilliant bit of kit i use it for movies and music and it delivers at everything. Might add the Dali E9F sub at some point

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have the Dali Kubic One soundbar it really is brilliant bit of kit i use it for movies and music and it delivers at everything. Might add the Dali E9F sub at some point

Just been looking at the Dali soundbar, receives some excellent reviews and looks good too. Do you have this connected to your PC via the USB? Would the stereo from this be comparable to separate speakers, the reviewers seemed very impressed with its performance.

Undecided between the One or the Free and Xtra speakers which I'd defo connect via the USB as the amp is built into these. Either way I'm inclined, like you say to consider the Dali sub as it will connect to either option.

In either scenario space won't be an issue as my desk is ridiculously enormous (bespoke full length of the wall, some fifteen feet at least).

Best

Wulf

Associate
Just been looking at the Dali soundbar, receives some excellent reviews and looks good too. Do you have this connected to your PC via the USB? Would the stereo from this be comparable to separate speakers, the reviewers seemed very impressed with its performance.

Undecided between the One or the Free and Xtra speakers which I'd defo connect via the USB as the amp is built into these. Either way I'm inclined, like you say to consider the Dali sub as it will connect to either option.

In either scenario space won't be an issue as my desk is ridiculously enormous (bespoke full length of the wall, some fifteen feet at least).

Best

Wulf
No have it connected to my TV and use PLEX for Moves and Music. You can wall mount the Kubic One but then its a bit of a fiddle cause the connections are at the back i had to get a different stand for mine i got Off the wall tv stand and it looks amazing with the soundbar just underneath the TV with a wall bracket. You need couple of days running in but everytime i hear it im more impressed by it. It has 3 sub modes at the back this is why when wall mounting you need to get the right Bass for your room there is NEUTRAL - ENHANCE AND BASS BOOST the bass is very good but only 3 options if adding a sub you will get more control to your liking. It is some serious kit very well made and vocals are excellent i love it lol :)

Associate
OP
This may be a dumb question but on further studying the connection options on the Dali speakers they recommend using USB for connecting a PC. It also has an optical port, is there anything stopping me connecting this way to the optical port at the back of my PC?

Best

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom