• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Damaged parcel

Associate
Hi. I recently ordered a Intel 6850k and 16 gig of DDR 4 ram. It's been delivered today and it looks like its been stood on. The outer dpd bag looked fine but when I opened it up the inside cardboard box was crushed at one end. When I opened that up to find the ram looked fine,. the processor box squashed at one end. Now the chips seems to look ok but I wont get to check it till the end of the week. I am unsure of what to do. Could someone advise me?
Thanks.
I have also posted this in the customer services area.

Soldato
Hi. I recently ordered a Intel 6850k and 16 gig of DDR 4 ram. It's been delivered today and it looks like its been stood on. The outer dpd bag looked fine but when I opened it up the inside cardboard box was crushed at one end. When I opened that up to find the ram looked fine,. the processor box squashed at one end. Now the chips seems to look ok but I wont get to check it till the end of the week. I am unsure of what to do. Could someone advise me?
Thanks.
I have also posted this in the customer services area.

Did you sign to accept it or was it just left? If the chip looks fine it probably is. If it had been trodden on in any way that damaged it, I'd expect the pins would probably be bent. Can't speak to the RAM but a memory test utility should tell you. OCUK support can probably advise.

Associate
OP
Yeah it was signed for. The cpu box and ram box were wrapped up in bubble wrap, in a small cardboard box, and then that box was in a dpd bag. It looked fine on the outside, the bag wasn't damaged. It was only when I opened it up, and one end of the outer box was squashed. I can't check if it's ok until I get the rest on my new build, at the end of the week. On these new chips the pins are on the motherboard socket, not the chip. So there isn't any to bend. The chip appears to be ok. It's just when you've spent almost 600 quid on something you want it to be perfect. Well even if it just cost a quid you'd feel the same.

Soldato
Did you sign to accept it or was it just left? If the chip looks fine it probably is. If it had been trodden on in any way that damaged it, I'd expect the pins would probably be bent. Can't speak to the RAM but a memory test utility should tell you. OCUK support can probably advise.

No pins on a modern Intel CPU

I would contact the seller / shop and inform them, say you are happy to try / keep it as long as they are willing to take responsibility for any potential damage. Make sure u get a name.

That's assuming it looks like there's any real chance of the stuff inside being damaged. Just use your common sense.

Associate
OP
Just done. I guess the only thing I can do is wait till Friday and try it. As long as the chip works that's all I'm bothered about. I don't mind about the box so much. Better to bring attention about dpd I've personally not had an issue with them before. I forgot to mention it was bought from Overclockers.

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds pretty standard for DPD to me

I've just (within last 10 mins) had 3 monitors (from oc) delivered to me, they were practically thrown at me by the driver, one of the boxes has been dropped as the corner is crushed and one of the boxes has a huge hole in the front face going through to the screen where its clearly been stood on. and to top it off they only delivered half the order.

Associate
Sounds pretty standard for DPD to me

The DPD drivers in my area (Reading) are excellent, never had an issue, I've made a point of being friendly to them and taking in parcels for neighbors , now if i'm not home, they drop by on the end of their runs to try and deliver again.

Soldato
Yeah DPD have always been good to me, I've never had an issue except for Yodel, delivered 2 shipments of PC parts worth about £800 (at the time 2012) and dumped outside my door.

Back
Top Bottom