Dan A4-SFX V4 Mini-ITX Case

Soldato
Hi all does anyone know the eta of the above, looking to build a mini itx 3900x gaming/editing monster mini pc, if iits going to be a while i can buy it elseware direct from taiwan

cheers

wookiee87

whoops meant to say the v4.1 with the new pci-e gen 4 riser cable

Soldato
OP
got my eye on the asetek 645lt 92mm aio cooler for my 3900x and a replacment 2080ti blower from zotac as my palit card wont fit its 2.75 slot :( extra 1k i'd rather not spend but hey i've got it so what the hell XD

selling off my palit card to a freind for £500 quick and easy i know its a huge loss but i'm a nice guy

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ordered the new asus strix x570-I itx mobo, new asetek 92mm aio, a sf 750 w sfx corsair psu and a few other small things, TIM and a fan grill all ariving tomorrow should be able to test and make sure everythings good, just waiting on the case thats a few weeks away :(

Soldato
OP
oh thats not encouraging news :( i've looked online at ppl's builds in the dan case with a 3900x and yes the cpu does run warm, but the 92mm aio does help a lot, one build i saw was a 3900x with a l9i and at stock speed the cpu was around 101 degrees under synthetic load, i dont plan to hit the components with such demanding loads, just gaming mainly and the odd bit of render work, plus ambient temps in the uk should help with keeping things cool, my room is always cold as i have the windows open as much as i can.

plus to top thinsg off i'm looking at a blower 2080 ti which will help no end to keep the interior of the case cool, card thermals may suffer a bit but i'd take lower clocks over cooking my hardware any day

Soldato
OP
The Asetek 645LT AIO is not great, I have just given up on the Dan with a 9700k at stock because of it. The one shipped from OC comes with a 1800 RPM Noctua fan (or at least mine did). You may want to buy an L9i and use the Noctua fan from it, which is a 2500 RPM fan, it helps things a bit.

It is significantly outperformed by the Noctua L12, or the big Shuriken 2, which are both small and air coolers, but neither will fit in the Dan. With hindsight is a poorly designed case, and extra 10mm in width would have opened up a decent range of CPU cooling options.

Sorry to be negative but messed about with this for 4 months, had a post in cases here, it is a bugger to fit too, you have to remove the pin fitment on both sides of the case to fit the radiator....

An extra 92mm fan in the base helps too, by about 5c on GPU, My AIO has the fan from the L9i on it, and then the fan is shipped with is in the base, being lower RPM.

Just moved the whole setup to a ghost which is night and day. That said, a 65w CPU should be ok.

9bl4WzH.jpg

not to worry, i've got a lian li pc o11d xl case with all the bells and whistles attached, but for what i do mainly gaming such a system to me dosnt make much sence plus the dam thing weights a tonne so taking it out and about is a no go, thats what lured me to the dan case, i've had a few itx bulds in the past but the dan case will be the smallest of the lot. the 3900x is a 105w tdp chip but it can be undervolted to reduce heat, i have it at 4.45ghz atm at 1.3v i know i'm going to need to reduce but anything over 4ghz all core i'd be happy with, yet again need to do lots of bios tweaking :)

sweet build btw XD, have you thought about delidding your cpu to get better temps?

Soldato
OP
Hey all been busy tearing down my current build and fitting the 3900x and ss'd to a test bed system which includes all the components which will be uesed in the new dan case build, have to say i'm really impresed with the 92mm aio, i've undervolted the 3900x it to 1.2v but its boosting to around 4.4ghz on most cores (8 of 12) and temps are around 50-52 degrees under load (destiny 2) and idle is around 35-37 degrees. i know temps will rise once installed into the case but for now the cpu is doing very well, mobo on the other hand is running warm the chipset especally 50 degrees idle and hitting almost 80 under load :( may look at extra fans once installed into the case, need to tame that or else i'll have problems.

just waiting on the dispatch of the dan case from taiwan that sould be on the 8th so 1-2 weeks from that date and it'll be here, also will be ordering another 2080ti soon 2 slot, got my current 2.75 width card has sold to a freind so as soon as thats done and dusted the new card will be ordered :)

Soldato
OP
i'll run a few cinebench r20 and 3d mark runs and see what the 3900x can get to heat wise, bear with me and i'll report back temps shortly :)

EDIT

right just hit the cpu with a couple of r20 runs, cpu clocking up to 4.5ghz on most cores and the max temp recorded was 72.3 degrees with a cpu package power of 128w.

ran 3d mark timespy cpu test on loop for a while also, cpu clocking the same 4.5ghz on almost all cores and max temp was 63 degrees with the cpu package power at 100w ish peak.

well see how the finished build turns out but, if i can muster 4.3ghz oc on the cpu that would be the sweet spot, if i have to change out the included noctua fans to increase airflow i'll do that, i use a headset so any excess noise wont be notacable :)

between all the runs the cpu downclocked to 3.5ghz and the temps plumited back to the mid - low 30's

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i uptaed the bios just after my stress tests to 1403 for the asus strix x570 I gaming, noticed a good jump in benchmarks r20 especally was 6600 ish points before but some memory tweaking and the bios update boosted to just over 6800 points (stock cpu speed PBO enabled), noticing my psu gets quite warm but i'm hopful using the aio below as intake should provide enought airflow into the case to keep it cool, will also use another 92mm fan below the mobo area in the dan case as intake.

good news for the dan case its being processed and should be shipped by the 8th nov, getting excited now soon it will be done XD

Soldato
OP
not long to go now for the case 1 day until dispatch, i've had a change of plans and went ahead and ordered a 2070 super for now, with the new ampere gpus on the horizon i didnt think it wise to drop £900 on a 2080ti, if the new gpu's arnt up to par or cost more then maybee a 2080ti will be on the cards.

i'm hopeful that the next gen will be as quick if quicker than whats avalible now

Soldato
OP
I think i might start a collection of these neat little cases, i want them all!.

lol if you have the money why not :), got shipping noticitcation from nvidia for my 2070 super should be here tomorrow, case has been shipped also but will take around 1-2 weeks from all acounts to arrive, thats the only thing i really need at this point using my pc out of a case, proping it up on the mobo box with everything attached, looks super ugly wires bloody everyware XD

Soldato
OP
it does look tight between the psu and aio but looking online there are ways to make it fit, primarily the 24 pin can be routed into the gpu chamber then brought back into the mobo area to plug in, also to split the cables too, have a bunch go into the second chamber where the gpu lies is quite good.

hell cablemod may have shorter modular ends which if they do that will help no end with clearance issues, time will tell

EDIT

case has arrived in the uk :) just awaiting customs checks and pay vat, hopefully wont take took long to clear, everything bar the case is ready to go, have to say the 2070s is a really good combo with my 3900x easily hitting 120fps at 1440p ultra in most games and staying pretty cool (60 degrees, with a 2ghz core and +800 on ram)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good news all, case has cleared customs and charges have been paid £42 :(
it's out for delivery and wont be long, have a new dual channel lpx set of 32gb dims arriving tommorow as my dominators will stop the case side fitting as the aio pipes wont have room to fit, timmings on the new kit are slow 18,22,22,42 but with some tweaking i should be able to tighten them up, also 2 new noctua 92mm fans for the rad and a intake under the mobo area on the base of the case.

my rtx 2070 super was a good choice as i've been able to hit over 2ghz core and added an extra 800 on the ram clock, gaming at 1440p is still pleasent(110fps) but not at the 165fps i had before with the 2080ti, no matter though anything above 100fps ultra details is still a solid experience :)

Soldato
OP
hey all, well shes built and finally running cool enough, had major problems with gpu's i bought a 2070s fe card thinking its lower tdp would help case thermals, oh boy how bloody wrong i was, i had to set a underclock on the core to such an extent game performance was suffering, what i ended up under load was around 1270mhz and temps had dropped to around 60 degrees, but because the card is open all that waste heat built up in the case and casued my chipset and cpu to run over 75 degres under gaming load with the 2070s.

thankfully zotac was to the rescue in the form of a blower 2080ti and right from the get go temps were around 5 degrees cooler for the cpu and chipset, i've been playing around with fan curves and happy to report under max gaming load at 1440p my 3900x sits around 66 ish degrees and bososts to around 4.4ghz on all cores, the chipset has dropped to around 57 degrees which is a masive drop, m.2 temps have also gone down from around 50 to 36 degrees, i've added a 92mm directly sat over the aio and mainboard area when i got the first card but it didnt help, safe to say the blower card has made a massive diffrence, yes it does run loud but fps are in the 144fps range again.

the zotac card will boost to around 1900mhz out of the box, i've tweaked it and set a -120 offset on the core but under load it still hits 1710mhz and sits around 72 degrees under load, plenty of heat venting from the rear of the card :), tankfully the case is now cool enough to touch :)

Soldato
OP
now the 3950x has lanned its got me thinking if i'd be able to run one of thease monsters in my dan a4?, i mean the silicon quality is far better and from reviews the cpu draws slightly less power than the 3900x, my 12 core at the moment runs around 68-70 degrees under load in games, and boosts pretty high around 4.4ghz, package power via hwinfo64 is just under 70w under load.

what do you think?

Soldato
OP
hopefully this works, used imgur

https://imgur.com/u838TLX
https://imgur.com/QFKKaqv
https://imgur.com/8tkSogp
https://imgur.com/KeY25iJ
https://imgur.com/PhrFN3P

sorry for the quality, didnt have the best camera or light to work with

but super happy with the outcome, to cram in the amount of hardware that i have is really something else,

full specs

amd ryzen 9 3900x (stock speed 3.8ghz pbo enabled)
32gb ddr4 3600mhz speed corsair lpx (2*16gb 18,22,22,42, 1T)
asus strix x570-1 gaming itx mainboard
corsiar sf 750w sfx platinum rated modular psu
samsung 970 evo 250gb m.2 ssd (boot drive for windows)
samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd for games and storgae
zotac 2 slot blower rtx 2080 ti gpu
dan a4 v4.1 itx case
astek 645lt 92mm aio water cooler for cpu
added a aditional noctua 92mm fan for cooling on the cpu and motherboard areas

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
the extra fan is a 92mm noctua and yes it does a fantastic job cooling down the mobo, chipset and m.2 especally, i noticed a 20+ degrees drop with it installed, sure the looks factor isnt there but i dont mind that, i care about cooling and a fan in this location does a really great job.

before the fan was installed my temps were

mobo around 60 degrees
chipset peaked at 81 degrees
m.2 would normaly hit around 58 degrees

after the fan was installed and tuned in a bit

mobo around 40 degrees
chipset down to 51 degrees
m.2 peaks at 38 degrees

so yeah definatly worth it for cooling XD

edit

have got access to a photo studio at work so will have some really good quality pictures in the next day or two

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom