Dan Kneen dies at IOM TT

Soldato
Plenty of other races have been cancelled because of safety, the TT is no different. Imho rule changes to increase rider safety would not be such a bad thing. What to change is a bit tough though....
Don't change a thing. The TT is the purest in racing, riders have and no doubt will continue to die but they know the dangers. It's high inherent risk is a major part of the allure for both rider and spectator.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I think it would be a shame if they did. All the riders know exactly what they're getting themselves into; as long as this is the case then I see no problem with it continuing.

It's not just riders. Officials, spectators and a Police officer have been killed in previous years. Anyway rip.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No level of thrill is worth someone’s life. Knowing the risk is also not an excuse.

I’m not sure what the answer is but bikes are getting quicker and quicker, which is only going to mean more fatalities.

RIP

IC3

IC3

Soldato
How about people being able to be responsible for their own lives with their own choices? What is it with the need to stop people doing what they enjoy?
Because majority of people like to be treated as idiots, look at some warnings...

Associate
I'ts the same with people who step into a boxing ring or any other sport, as long as they know and are aware of the risks, then let them be. If society finds it all distasteful, then viewing figures will fall through the floor and the sport in question will die.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'ts the same with people who step into a boxing ring or any other sport, as long as they know and are aware of the risks, then let them be. If society finds it all distasteful, then viewing figures will fall through the floor and the sport in question will die.
Boxing is surprisingly regulated for a contact sport.

No harm reducing the risk but clearly things need to change if fatalities are on the rise?

Soldato
I wouldn't say deaths are on the rise there, at least a few die every year, if anything the deaths have gone down this year.
The accident with the pace car this year was what was shocking, should never have happened, it's accidents like that where I can see the sport being jeopardised.

Soldato
The other documentary well worth watching is "Road" mainly focusing around the Dunlop family but its a great watch.
Watched this last night because it was mentioned in this thread. Wow.

I don't follow bike racing at all so hadn't heard of the Dunlop family so it was a learning experience for me and a fascinating watch.

Thanks for mentioning it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom