Dan x Lian Li A3 mATX case

Soldato
If I'm not specifically building an ITX case then I had this down as my first choice from now on. Especially as it is decently priced with the tempered glass panel an extra if you want one.

Associate
I am keeping my eye out for the white one. Will OcUK sell the TG side panel as well?

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks extremely good in terms of functionality and ability, my only dislike is that it’s rather dull aesthetically. But they’ve managed to hit a really keen price point which is good.

Associate
It looks extremely good in terms of functionality and ability, my only dislike is that it’s rather dull aesthetically. But they’ve managed to hit a really keen price point which is good.
I understand where you are coming from but sometimes simple/boring is all that is required. I believe the interior is where the whole focus was plus I really like where the I/O ports are on the case.

Soldato
Really like this, may be tempted to finally move my PC away from ATX. Can you fit 3.5" hard drives? Probably need at least one.

Soldato
I'm still on Sandy Bridge, so I won't get a motherboard with NVME and to install all my games I'd probably need a lot of extra cash for a 3+ TB SSD, which would make the move more costly with the price of the case and used MATX board. Yes I know it's an ancient PC but it still plays through my backlog of steam games at mostly 80-120FPS so see no point in changing the whole thing yet. But my massive Corsair 650D would be nice to make go away now.

Associate
That's a really appealing case that hits the trifecta of price/design/flexibility IMO.

I wonder if it's possible to cram three 360mm radiators in there with some light modding...

Soldato
I'm still on Sandy Bridge, so I won't get a motherboard with NVME and to install all my games I'd probably need a lot of extra cash for a 3+ TB SSD, which would make the move more costly with the price of the case and used MATX board. Yes I know it's an ancient PC but it still plays through my backlog of steam games at mostly 80-120FPS so see no point in changing the whole thing yet. But my massive Corsair 650D would be nice to make go away now.
Oh I won't knock that, if it works for you it works.

One of my rigs has a Z77 board - still very capable of you don't ask too much of them.

But, yeah, that Corsair is a big case - a matx sandy probably doesn't need all that room :)

Soldato
It's a nice case at a surprisingly low price point. I was expecting it to be a lot more when I knew it was approaching launch.

That being said, from the video reviews I've watched, the front does 'feel' particularly cheap and I thought the PSU bracket looked a little bit half-baked. Would have liked to see a vented front panel but maybe that will come later down the line.

Back
Top Bottom