DARK (Netflix)

Soldato
Rewatched the first 2 series last week, and watched the latest series over 2 days, started to get a bit confused with all the Martha/Eva stuff but started to piece it together near the end.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Great show, great finish. Got the feels in the last 20mins of the finale. They could have ended S1 without him going to the future and I would say it was an excellent time travel story. I got annoyed seeing new Martha at the end of S2 and felt they were gonna keep milking this ad infinitum. But S3 really did it justice and closed all the loops satisfingly.

One after thought is how/why Claudia was sudden able to break the loop. Spoiler for another show Devs
Devs did kinda the same thing and it really annoyed me. Here not so much as the story and characters are much deeper than the science.

Only thing I wasn't sure about was why Ulrich wasn't around in the origin-world. Needed to read up on it to fill that gap.

9/10 for everything but 10/10 for the writing - the mental gymnastics needed to create the interrelated worlds/families and then tell their story in an appealing way beggars belief.

Soldato
Only thing I wasn't sure about was why Ulrich wasn't around in the origin-world. Needed to read up on it to fill that gap.

The only people left at the end were the result of non-time travellers.
Tronte was Ulrich's father (I think!), and he was the result of someone travelling back, so he could therefore not exist if no-one time travelled at all in the origin world.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The only people left at the end were the result of non-time travellers.
Tronte was Ulrich's father (I think!), and he was the result of someone travelling back, so he could therefore not exist if no-one time travelled at all in the origin world.
Ulrich is Tronte's son, who is Agne's son, who was Silja's daughter, who was Hannah's daughter. What I don't remember is that it was Agnes and "The Unknown" who fathered Tronte. Maybe a concentration lapse during that part, although I do remember The Unknown giving Tronte his mother's bracelet near the cave.

Soldato
This official site is really helpful. https://dark.netflix.io/en

And spoiler below....

One thing that i cant get my head round. How do Martha and Jonas still exist to prevent the car crash, seeing as they were never born? I've read some explanations on reddit, but my pea brain will not soak it up.

They were born and existed up until they prevented the car crash, as that was the origin point that started it all.

Soldato
Ulrich is Tronte's son, who is Agne's son, who was Silja's daughter, who was Hannah's daughter. What I don't remember is that it was Agnes and "The Unknown" who fathered Tronte. Maybe a concentration lapse during that part, although I do remember The Unknown giving Tronte his mother's bracelet near the cave.

I must have missed the bit about agnes and the unknown. I'll be honest, midway through season 3 I had to just go along for the ride.

Man of Honour
Never did finish S3 - got to a point where it seemed to be treading water for too long and got bored (even if it was 3 different timelines/dimensions circling back to the same point it got a bit too much the same when stretched out for 40 odd minutes).

Soldato
Never did finish S3 - got to a point where it seemed to be treading water for too long and got bored (even if it was 3 different timelines/dimensions circling back to the same point it got a bit too much the same when stretched out for 40 odd minutes).

It did dip midway through s3, but it picks up again and finishes on a high

Caporegime
Finished season 3. I can honestly say that this show is an absolute masterpiece. You won't find a series that handles time travel better than this one. It built up massive expectations for the finale, and delivered solidly.

I cannot praise it enough.

Soldato
Not particularly interested in the show itself but if I'm not mistaken the music is all composed by Ben Frost who I'm a big fan of and would highly recommend

IIRC he scored the ambient stuff (which is great) but the music is by other artists like Mire Kay, Agnes Obel, Dan Deacon, Apparat, and Fever Ray, to name a few of the best.

Soldato
The Mogwai soundtrack for Les Revenants is the best I've ever heard. It really fits with the dark and mysterious nature of the show.

I can't recall a single piece of music from Dark. Though it didn't help Netflix leaving it so long between seasons.

Associate
The show was a masterpiece. I will hopefully convince my better half to watch.

One thing that I don't think anyone has said here. It was some of the best casting I have ever seen. Especially where there was a character depicted from 3 different era's. You knew exactly who was who, despite them clearly being different actors a lot of time. Wonderful.

Associate
Watched the first episode last night, quite thrilling. But people talking about time travel makes me concerned as it doesn't seem to fit into the style of the show. But ep1, so should reserve judgement :p

Back
Top Bottom