Dark Sub

Soldato
For the screw misalignment, I often find Lian Lis are like that, especially if the IO shield has foam on it, rather than a traditional stamped one.

Just keep inserting and tightening the screws, and she'll straighten right up.

Caporegime
I could probably cut out a sticker in black vinyl that would cover the IO plate up a treat.

I'll have a play tomorrow and drop one into OcUK next time I'm in (over the weekend most likely) if you like?

OcUK Staff
OP
I could probably cut out a sticker in black vinyl that would cover the IO plate up a treat.

I'll have a play tomorrow and drop one into OcUK next time I'm in (over the weekend most likely) if you like?

That sounds great, if you don't mind doing it that would be appreciated. :)

Just wondering why did you choose the Apache Black fans? Any reason?

They are good fans, they do not light up, and they are black to match the rest of the components. :)

Caporegime
here's a first test in blue (forgot to bring my roll of black vinyl to work!):

2vmd3er.png

(Obviously my IO plate isn't for that board ;))

EDIT:

Just to show a plate done properly, here's my spare IO plate properly cut, mounted to the board.

2ym9esw.jpg

2e1zyoj.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually I rather like the silver on the M/B tray and I/O mount, it gives a good contrast to the motherboard. Some Lian Li cases/colour schemes look good with black internals, but on a subtle build like this (pretty much everything is black or dark grey), I think the silver sets it off nicely.

Soldato
Looks great.

Did you swap the directions of the fans around due to the style of the case?

I was thinking about doing the same with my fractal XL as the intakes have to suck air through the holes down the side, similar to the Lian. Especially now that my H50 is installed too as an intake with push/pull.

OcUK Staff
OP
Fans are still the direction of coming in from the back and going out the front. Going to do a bit more of this tomorrow and will upload more photos. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
To keep on with the black theme, but also improve the case by having slight noise reduction, I have installed a dampening mat at the bottom which I think gives it a nice touch.

1310321256.jpg

Back
Top Bottom