Dark Sub

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks good. Nice all-round system. What specs was it replacing?

Was replacing an i3 Setup with a 5830. :)

Very nice :) enjoy.

Thank you. :)

That looks rather nice indeed. Nice to hear that you've finished and thanks for the updates via Steam.

It works absolutely fantastic, however Counter Strike: Source seems to be broken. It hangs on the main screen and the left side buttons take a while to load and are unresponsive when they do load... :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks guys, the case will hold a 480 absolutely fine, however due to that card being quite warm it might be best to mod the top of the case with a 120/140mm fan. :)

Associate
Memory in, 8GB of Kingston, also sorting out the cable management. :cool:

1310704517.jpg

Cable management is looking awesome, thanks to Rich for the help, he is a legend. :) Oh, and a nice sexy SSD in that photo too. :D

1310740840.jpg

Sound card and the graphics card is set in place.

1310712869.jpg

1310759967.jpg

It works! ;) :D

1310718849.jpg

Here we go, the benchmarks!

1310726044.jpg

Ta dar! All done for now. :)

5UB, what are your load temps now, assuming you have the rig in a cooler enviroment than the one that shows your temps above?
btw, It really looks good, nice and defined, Black on Ally is wicked mate...good build.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
5UB, what are your load temps now, assuming you have the rig in a cooler enviroment than the one that shows your temps above?
btw, It really looks good, nice and defined, Black on Ally is wicked mate...good build.

I shall find out for you as it would be interesting to know! :)

5UB, I envy your (and rjk's) cable management skills!
I have the bits you can see looking tidy - and a mess everywhere else :eek:

Nice OC aswell :)

:D

OcUK Staff
OP
Plans for the New Year.

Changing the LG CH10LS20 10x BluRay-ROM / 16x DVD±RW Drive over to a LG BH10LS38 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Lightscribe Drive.

Adding another 8GB of memory, so I will have Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel.

I am having a window side panel so you can see the insides, it will be the W-LM3RB.

I shall be modding the I/O Shield so it is black, I shall sort out some watercooling in the case too, possibly mod the top or bottom of the case so I have a dual radiator with Scythe Gentle Typhoons. I want the loop to have black barbs/fittings and the fluid I am unsure if I should have the Mayhems Aurora - Galaxy Purple... So it goes with the dark theme, or have something bright like blue so everything is dark inside and the fluid is bright and stands out.

I may look into upgrading the 560ti to a 580. Also getting rid of the WD Black 640GB and upgrading my Intel SSD to two faster SSDs, maybe a Crucial 64GB and a Crucial 256GB.

Soldato
Plans for the New Year.

Changing the LG CH10LS20 10x BluRay-ROM / 16x DVD±RW Drive over to a LG BH10LS38 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Lightscribe Drive.

Adding another 8GB of memory, so I will have Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel.

I am having a window side panel so you can see the insides, it will be the W-LM3RB.

I shall be modding the I/O Shield so it is black, I shall sort out some watercooling in the case too, possibly mod the top or bottom of the case so I have a dual radiator with Scythe Gentle Typhoons. I want the loop to have black barbs/fittings and the fluid I am unsure if I should have the Mayhems Aurora - Galaxy Purple... So it goes with the dark theme, or have something bright like blue so everything is dark inside and the fluid is bright and stands out.

I may look into upgrading the 560ti to a 580. Also getting rid of the WD Black 640GB and upgrading my Intel SSD to two faster SSDs, maybe a Crucial 64GB and a Crucial 256GB.

Sounds like you got a nice Xmas bonus :) good luck with the upgrades :)

kd

Back
Top Bottom