Dark theme option?

Soldato
There are plenty of people here that use the dark theme userstyle and I have got so used to it that I really don't like coming back in a browser where I can't install the theme...

I know that historically OCUK have not pandered to many changes to the forums over the years but I'm begging!

I'm not asking to change the default skin, though personally I think you should, just please give us an option to change in user cp

Link is in sig if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Regards,
Skyfall

I for one wouldn't go back to the 'Blue' theme, been running dark nearly two years now.
It would be a great idea to have the option in CP to change.

The dark skin looks so much classier, than the blue.

Last edited:
I use the dark theme chrome extension, would definitely be better to have an option on the website. It annoys me a little the way its loads blue for a second then goes black. Defo +1

I installed the dark theme thing, stopped using it after about 3 days after the novelty wore off.

I don't think it's easy as just saying they should add it to the User CP as that's dependent on whether it is a feature of the bulletin board software they are using (vBulletin).

I've raised it for discussion although it sounds as if there is an adequate workaround in most instances. I would point out that if there is much alteration required to the forums code to allow this it's highly unlikely to be implemented.

I installed the dark theme thing, stopped using it after about 3 days after the novelty wore off.

I don't think it's easy as just saying they should add it to the User CP as that's dependent on whether it is a feature of the bulletin board software they are using (vBulletin).

Vbulletin is pretty much one of the most advanced forum softwares out there. Being able to select different skins/theme is really easy. You can even set it so only users of a specific group can do it.
It's really just a case of upload to webserver and enable.

I've raised it for discussion although it sounds as if there is an adequate workaround in most instances. I would point out that if there is much alteration required to the forums code to allow this it's highly unlikely to be implemented.
Thanks.

AFAIK vbulletin has built in skinning and in theory all one would have to do is copy the current theme and add the dark css. Not the best way but is the easiest.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong I have no experience with vbulletin.

Thanks.

AFAIK vbulletin has built in skinning and in theory all one would have to do is copy the current theme and add the dark css. Not the best way but is the easiest.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong I have no experience with vbulletin.

Yep, also need the graphics for the dark buttons to be uploaded to the server, then point the skin to look at these. Maybe an hour's work maximum to make sure all the blue parts are of the dark colour.

Edit: Whats the dark theme link? Found it - Derp.

Just need to know what version of vbulletin is being run to create the theme.

Last edited:
Black is best, easier on the eye if nothing else. Sadly, i doubt this will ever happen. I really dont like the blue theme after being so used to the black one. :)

Yep, also need the graphics for the dark buttons to be uploaded to the server, then point the skin to look at these. Maybe an hour's work maximum to make sure all the blue parts are of the dark colour.
The graphics from the theme are written into the css using base64 so no uploading needs to be done.

The graphics from the theme are written into the css using base64 so no uploading needs to be done.

Yeah but depending on which version of the vbulletin running it involves amending parts of the settings to point to the images. Can't remember whether CSS or the actual settings takes priority. Been a while since I used this version of vbulletin! :)

Back
Top Bottom