DC Vault

Associate
Well i'm deeply confused. I dis/re connected my clients and got a couple of results posted but again i'm getting client detatched. Think i'll switch projects as i'm too lazy to look into it this week.

Back to eOn2, theres a few places still to make there

Soldato
I have put my 3770K on Docking but it has been doing the first set of WUs for 6hrs and they all still show 0% and none have checkpointed. Is this normal?...it estimated 2:50 so has already taken more than twice as long, seems a bit odd.

Soldato
OP
Have a look at the message boards Phil on the docking site, it seems to be a long standing problem with no solution (that I could see) a mods advise was to abort them. IIRC the work units took around 2-3 Hrs on my 3770K and I never had the 0% progress problem. The only possible solution I can think of is if you run it in Linux, I've found so far that eon, NFS & correlizer all run quicker in Linux.

Soldato
I had a look on their message boards just after posting here and decided to abort them all. Now running Muon1 (on their own client not the yoyo version) for a bit. Unfortunately my linux knowledge is near enough nothing so I wouldn't know where to start with that.

Associate
Well if you install the newest Ubuntu (whatever they called it) its pretty streight forward although the client that installs by default is a load of pap (see further up the thread)...

e0n2 for sure is double the speed.

Soldato
Right I now have Ubuntu 12.04 running in VMWare player and eventually managed to install BOINC on it...which seems far more complicated that it should be. Ive got docking running on it and it looks ok and is faster than the predicted time in windows. VMWare player only supports 4 cpus though. Is running linux on vmware in windows going to be slower than just running linux on its own?

Soldato
Just finished my first set of PRP workunits. Think they took about 3 days. I am running 4 at a time on my 3770k but weirdly two of them seem to be running faster than the other two :confused:

Soldato
OP
Just finished my first set of PRP workunits. Think they took about 3 days. I am running 4 at a time on my 3770k but weirdly two of them seem to be running faster than the other two :confused:

Yeah I noticed that too when I ran it, no idea why.
I've been slacking as of late, sunning myself abroad, back now so I'll fire the machines up at the weekend.

Soldato
OP
There are a few PSPs, Proth, doublecheck and sieving, you and I have been doing Proth, DC Vault goes by these stats, the combined values.
I have a couple of cores on PSP now, also after all my procrastinating I've started on GIMPs, I've been all over the place on boinc, settled on docking for now.
Don't know if you've noticed but EVGA are catching us quick and unfortunately we seem to have lost Remos, hopefully just temporarily.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah I see :) I'm now having a go at Seventeen or Bust. The WUs seem to be massive. Its saying about 10 days to complete :eek:

Are you PG? if so it looks like the credit is coming through already, though I read somewhere that the credit is only borrowed until you complete the whole WU, don't know how true that is, never the less a nice little bump in the stats :)

Soldato
OP
Think i'll run 16 cores on GIMPS and a couple on e0n2 just to keep it ticking over.

I'm doing GIMPs myself on my card, and I'm going for it big time, it's much more productive than CPU.

Instead of GIMPs how about 17 or bust? Phil's been doing it, and I switched a rig over yesterday, it would be cool if we all attacked it. EDIT: I should say though, don't let me stop you doing whatever you want to do, it was just an idea :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom