DC Vault

Man of Honour
Hmm Machine keeps rebooting with the 6950 when crunching MW, strange exact same machine running a 5870 is fine. Thought the 6950 had a lower power draw.

Man of Honour
I think it's the memory, dropped it down to 1150mhz and is stayed up for three past three hours. I also dropped the core speed back 50mhz but that didn't do anything until I dropped the memory right back.

That being said is not crunching as well as the 5870, maybe if I put the core speed back up then it'll start to be worth it. Supposed to use less leccy than the 5870.

So to paraphrase, wu times crunching two at a time are: 6950 125s 5870 120s 7970 66s

Soldato
OP
Phil, I know you're doing a cracking job on PSP and may want to stay there, but I thought I'd give you (and anyone else) the heads up on yoyo, those nice big juicy 'mp' units are being dished out at the moment, I'm throwing everything at it, they generally come round in circles and last only a few days, make hay .. and all that.

Soldato
I'll see what I can shift about. I may even have to abandon Milkyway :eek: because they have put out a bunch of tasks which keep crashing my rigs. If I move to Collatz on the GPUs that would free up 6 CPU cores for Yoyo.

Soldato
OP
It's not a necessity, I just thought you might want to fill your boots, as those mp WUs seem to give twice as much ppd than any other.

POEM@home would be another good candidate for your ATi cards, the RAC you now get from that project after they introduced GPU folding is up there with MW, hence why it's now so popular, my 570 was doing 500,000+ ppd on that, but of course go with whatever interests you, I'll be giving poem another bash soon regardless as we keep getting stomped and it's irritating me :mad: ;)

Soldato
Its a shame the mp WUs have a short deadline and take a long time to run. I will give POEM a go on the 6990s. MW is my main project really but, I'm getting fed up with the constant crashes over the last few days. It upsets other projects. Still, its a good excuse to give some other projects a go on the GPUs anyway :)

Soldato
I'm not sure if it is worth carrying on with PSP now or not. The gaps have started to get quite big. We effectively need to double our credit for the next team position. That being said positions in this project are by far worth the most points so I dunno...

Soldato
OP
Great job on that anyway Phil.

It's a tough one, I think it's certainly worth continuing with but it doesn't have to be right now. Two plans of attack could be either to throw everything at it, or just do little and often. I plan to revisit it, not sure when though, there's so much on my to do list :)

Soldato
OP
does running normal boinc count towards helping ( team 10 )? or do you need to set up some account or something?

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/2486254/projectList

The DC Vault competition comprises of lots of different projects, some boinc, some non boinc, here's our team page with all the current projects included in the DC Vault. Points are awarded for each project depending on team position, the higher the team position, the more points you get, with the maximum being 10,000 points, that is if you are ranked no.1 in any given project you are awarded 10,000 points, points for the other positions below are worked out by dividing 10,000 by the number of teams in the project with credit, displayed here. All the points in each project are added together which determines our overall team score, we are currently ranked 13th

The projects where we are ranked low are prime targets as they gain us more points when we move up, also working on projects where we are ranked high is important as it consolidates our position.

Back
Top Bottom