Dead By Daylight

Permabanned
Just seen this on steam, looks quite promising what do you think?

"Death Is Not an Escape.

Dead by Daylight is an upcoming multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.

Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.

The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

Dead by Daylight will be released on June 14th and is available for pre-order from April 22nd - both as a Standard Edition and a Deluxe Edition. A closed BETA will go live on May 31st. Access to the closed BETA can be obtained by pre-ordering the deluxe edition of the game.

More information about the game is available at www.deadbydaylight.com"

http://www.deadbydaylight.com/

I haz 4090!
Don
Yeah, like Witor said, there's a lot of streamers playing it at the moment. It does look fun but I think I'll wait until a couple of weeks after the full release and see if people are still playing it after the initial fun factor has worn off. :)

Man of Honour
Watched a couple of gameplay videos of this, looks like awesome fun with friends. Really great concept too. Good to see some devs thinking outside of the traditional (and rather dull these days) deathmatch box

Soldato
Anyone playing this? Got it yesterday, enjoying it, though it is pretty limited. Only played as survivor so far, needs some more features added to it IMO.

Associate
Was looking at it yesterday but still a bit apprehensive based on the reviews its getting, might watch a stream and decided based on that.

Soldato
Does get a bit boring sometimes. The chance of getting off the meathook yourself must be about 0.001%, and the chance of someone else lifting you off is slim as well, now that the tactic seems to be for the killer to camp the hook area until you get sacrificed.

Soldato
You'd think it would get repetitive but as long as you have a few mates its a great laugh. All sneaking around together then screaming and all running in every direction when the killer is on top of you. Playing as a survivor on your own can be quite boring though. So whenever ever i've played on my own its always been as a killer.

Although I can see it getting boring if they dont regularly add new maps and killers etc.

Will defo be buying it though once the free weekend finishes at only £12 I can't really complain. Probably had £12 worth of fun out of it over the free weekend. :D

Any one else been playing it?

Permabanned
This game is amazing, ive put in 100 hrs, not played anything else. Managed to get Michael Myers from Halloween to Prestige Level 3. I cannot stop playing this game,, great fun being a survivor too.

Soldato
Is the game any good? Seen reviews on steam saying it's full of bugs and there is issues with saved games being lost unless you do a Manual backup of the game each time you stop playing.

Associate
Ive been playing over a year now and have 200+ hours, not had a save game bug yet, and neither have any of the friends I play with.

TBH the game isn't that buggy anymore, sometimes the lobbys can be a bit broken when you play with friends, solo queuing works fine.

A lot of the issues with the game stem from balance, the game is very unforgiving for new survivor, especially when you don't have any of the "crutch perks" yet, however as you reach the higher ranks and progress your survivors more you find yourself seeing the killer as little threat to the point where I would say at the very highest levels of play the survivors are pretty overpowered against all but hillbilly and the nurse.

I would recommend playing a mix of survivor and killer, but find the survivor gameplay more fun personally.

Back
Top Bottom