Dead By Daylight

Soldato
Anyone else playing this currently? I was a bit sceptical, but it's strangely quite addictive in it's own way both playing as survivor and killer. Quick to pickup and play and seems to run without a hitch.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Did the killers camping the hooks not kill this game slightly?

I guess you could say it "ruins" the individual's game (whoever is being camped) but at the same time, it gives the other survivors a free pass to work on generators? The times that I've played as a Killer I've found it way better to hook and hunt rather than hook and camp. But I'm an awful Killer so don't listen too much to me :p

the trouble as a killer, i used to play as the trapper and one of the perks when you max him out is you know if a player that is unhooked is nearby. so i would catch someone, put them on a hook, and then it'll tell me someone is near, so of course i'd stay near the hook trying to find that player. someone people viewed it as camping, but what am i supposed to do, walk away while i know someone is right here about to unhook the player

Soldato
I wouldn't say camping is much of an issue. The best killers I've faced simply don't bother as it tends to cost them 2 generators with the possibility that you still may get away if someone body blocks and takes the hit for you. It's pretty well balanced.

Only dislikes so far are the servers with a higher ping than is ideal (being sorted summer apparently) and a minor gripe is someone disconnecting on load, takes a bit too long to recognise this.

Permabanned
The trick is to use perks from other killers, personally i use Michael Myers. Put 250 hrs into this game at first, best way to play as killer is always keep 3 gens guarded that are close to each other patrolling all 3, Public teams i usually kill all 4 easily this way. Takes a coordinated effort otherwise and with nurses calling perk very rarely do they get away,Great game tbh

Ske

Ske

Associate
Only dislikes so far are the servers with a higher ping than is ideal (being sorted summer apparently) and a minor gripe is someone disconnecting on load, takes a bit too long to recognise this.

Also, after a game it doesn't stick you back in your pre-made group. It's annoying having to re-invite everyone.

Also, after a game it doesn't stick you back in your pre-made group. It's annoying having to re-invite everyone.
God damn this is temhe truest thing. I hate it. Playing with friends is a right pain

I also understand why you can't play with friends with one of you as the killer and the other as the civilian and then other random join, but it is a shame as there's been times with my brother that we'd like to do this. Only option we had was judt 1 vs 1

Soldato
The thing with group play is that it seems to give too much of an advantage to the survivors. Can people use 3rd party voice chat in this or is it somehow blocked? Rivatuner for instance is blocked.

Soldato
The thing with group play is that it seems to give too much of an advantage to the survivors. Can people use 3rd party voice chat in this or is it somehow blocked? Rivatuner for instance is blocked.

When our group play it we're always on Discord and yes playing against 4 experienced survivors who have comms is pretty hard going for the killers... that being said we do still sometimes lose but it's normally due to them playing in a certain way (I guess you could call it cheese, but I sympathise a little - against a 4-stack you've got to do whatever you can, and camping/tunneling etc. aren't exactly fun strategies to execute for the killer either)

Another great thing we like to do when we get more than 4 of us on at once is to play Kill-your-friends instead of Survive-with-friends... then to put an extra fun twist on it we all stay in the same Discord channel (including the killer) but the killer has to mute their speakers; so the killer can't hear anything the survivors are saying, but if they speak the survivors can hear them - it's a good laugh. But it is still very hard for the killer so we also normally put some sort of handicap on the survivors - e.g. "only one perk per survivor" and/or "no items"

Soldato
I think the game is great, my issue when playing the killer is that there are a couple of utterly ridiculous maps you have no hope of winning on due to the size.

Back
Top Bottom