Dead M2 Drive?

Soldato
So I purchased a 256gb M2 drive secondhand from a shop yesterday. Put it in my M2 PCIE expansion card and nothing. Switched to the Sata option and Windows drive management will know something is there but is reporting it as 496gb with no options to do anything else.

Intel RST detects error with 'something' on that port the drive is supposed to be on but nothing more

Guess its dead or am I being an idiot?
Iv got a feeling it was never tested before being sold tbh.

Soldato
It's a tough choice, your either being an idiot or your unlucky, I'd probably opt for the former and work out whats gone wrong!

Give us some more info . . .

Soldato
Run Disk Part from command prompt, and see if it is listed in there, if select the drive, and do a "Clean all" command on it.

Once that's completed (good hour+), then you can do a partition creation, and format it also.

If you need further help, ask here, or just do a quick Google search for disk part help, but it is simple to use, just make sure you select the correct disk, or you'll wipe something you want/need. :)

Soldato
OP
So its an x400 256gb, on an asus ROG Formula VI.
Using the sata connection on the expansion card, the mobo detects the drive via BIOS.

However under Diskpart and windows drive management it sees it as a 476gb drive, I attempted to create a prim partition on this but encountered a cyclic redundancy check error.

I think its borked.

Soldato
So its an x400 256gb, on an asus ROG Formula VI.
Using the sata connection on the expansion card, the mobo detects the drive via BIOS.

However under Diskpart and windows drive management it sees it as a 476gb drive, I attempted to create a prim partition on this but encountered a cyclic redundancy check error.

I think its borked.

So you couldn't complete a clean all command on it ?

Back
Top Bottom