1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Death Stranding***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by agnes, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Plainsong

Soldato

2. kurosagi01

Hitman

3. TheVoice

Capodecina

Full release trailer here, 8th November release date:

A few things make more sense now after watching that, but for me there's still a real danger it could end up being pretentious, over-complicated nonsense. I truly hope I'm wrong, after MGS5 I need something to help restore my faith in Kojima.

4. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment. At least we don't have too much longer to wait.

5. Plainsong

Soldato

Part of me thinks this will be great but a greater part of me is thinking that it will be some self-indulgent mumbo jumbo. Hey-ho I guess we'll find out soon enough!

6. NightSt@lk3r

Soldato

Is it November 8th yet?

If Kojima had been allowed to do MGS5 the way he wanted and actually finish it then it would have been a much better game.

7. BGGLP

Gangster

Does it have good hdr? Lol

8. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

Wtf did I just watch?

9. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

It looks amazing....as a film / movie

The gameplay needs to be shown more, could be a bog standard cover shooter with epic cutscenes

On the fence, plus there were hints of open world stealth, which I'm not the biggest fan of

10. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Looks pretty awesome to me, and I'm not a big Kojima fan. Definitely on the list...

11. fieldy

Mobster

I have no idea what this game is about still, but I cannot wait! correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like GAME are sold out of the LE's does anyone know if these have gone live yet?

12. TheVoice

Capodecina

What a surprise, Game have exclusive rights to the (inevitably overpriced) Collector's Edition.

13. BGGLP

Gangster

This looks like it’ll probably be crap but I bet the reviewers rave about it.

14. Amatsubu

Mobster

Don't get the negativity here, I'll reserve my judgment till it's out and we know the actual plot but what's been shown so far looks more intriguing than your average game released nowadays.

Even if it ends up a but pretentious but fresh and engaging, I'll be more than happy.
    I would've preferred Silent Hills but I think Kojima will deliver at least a solid game with an interesting premise.

15. randal

Capodecina

If I understand this right, it's going to be an open world online game where you have to connect settlements across the US to rebuild society after a post-apocalyptic event? Sounds like an interesting premise, if so. IF it's not marred by technical problems. Remaining hopeful though, like @Amatsubu says it's certainly more interesting than most stuff being touted at the moment (Cyberpunk 2077 notwithstanding!).

16. ricky1981

Mobster

Looks very weird both in terms of story and the gameplay sections which looked clunky/awkward. Kudos for releasing such a long trailer but I was left utterly confused about how the gameplay sections tied into the cutscenes. If creating a ladder and running away from some pretty bad AI are amongst the highlights they wanted to show off then it does drop expectations a bit.

Fingers crossed that the weirdness comes together in the full game as it'd be a real shame for this to be a flop after the wait and some of the talent involved.

17. Minusorange

Mobster

I think it looks fantastic, the world is interesting, I am concerned it's going to be more interactive story/film than an actual game though

18. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

The Japanese version of today's trailer included extra footage. Don't blame me for the music!

19. Scort

Mobster

Very interesting trailer - but I lose track of Kojima's stuff pretty quickly - even MSG had so much weird stuff, that I eventually switch off from the story and ended up playing a shooter.

Hopefully we'll get treated to more videos soon enough, as this is a small blip on my radar right now.

20. Mark1989

Capodecina

That was exactly what I thought after! I still can't work out wtf this is supposed to be