1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Death Stranding***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by agnes, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Kainz

Capodecina

lol does anyone have a clue yet as to what is going on with the game?

2. gord

Capodecina

I read last night that the game is about unifying cities and bringing people together, which is where the "strands" come in as they tie everything up. Could be an allegory for our modern fractured society. As to the actual mechanics of that... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: just seen someone else already state this above.. doh!

3. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Someone on reddit posted a translation of a piece from a Dutch PlayStation site;

4. Kainz

Capodecina

Ok lol, cheers guys. That clears things up somewhat!

5. McBain

Capodecina

Not seeing the hype for this, the videos I've seen look garbage. Need an extended gameplay vid to whet my appetite a bit.

6. Marky

Capodecina

Looks like such a mad story - But Kojima has never steered me wrong yet - This will be a rare release day order for me :D

So glad it's this year as well, that was a bit of a surprise!

7. Rusko187

Hitman

Looks like the Collectors Edition is sold out, I'm a big fan of Kojima and going into this with an open mind... however, there are elements to the trailer which look rather underwhelming.

The stealth/evasion section of the trailer was very underwhelming, but there is still time.

8. banbom44

Gangster

Don't know mate I think it looks good you probably like games like Fortnite kojima games are not everyone's cup of tea.

9. McBain

Capodecina

Nice assumption, even better considering I've never even played Fortnite.

I've played every MGS however so I'm well aware of what 'Kojima games' are.

10. TheVoice

Capodecina

8 minute launch trailer:

Still rather baffled by this game, and not in an entirely good way. I still can't see what it is you're going to be spending your time actually doing either.

Apparently the reviews are out tomorrow.

11. apostolis_kt

Wise Guy

Up to now i was day one Kojima games buyer.

This one looks interesting but from the trailers i don't get it either. They say though its an amazing game so we shall see from the reviews. I will wait this one out i have a huge backlog to play, Outer worlds, Zelda links awakening, among a few others.

12. Scort

Mobster

Same here, I find Kojima's stuff pretty out there generally, so I'll sit on my hands for this one; wait and see what it's all about.

13. DIABLO

Soldato

Yeah, not sold yet.

14. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Reviews go live at 7am. Not interested at all yet, not even sure If a good reception can sway me. We shall see

15. BGGLP

Gangster

I feel that this guy gets good reviews even if his game’s aren’t that good. I’m expecting some high scoring reviews but they’ll be questionable. Nice to be wrong though.

16. Digital X

Sgarrista

The way I see it is you have a baby for life support and have to travel to connect society. In Laymans terms.

17. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Not a fan of Kojima games tbh but this has me intrigued in a WTF is it kind of way..... Will see what the reviewers like ACG make of it....

18. snow patrol

Mobster

looking forward to waking up, making coffee and watching a few reviews. Really fancy a new open world story driven ps4 game and this looks stunning. Here's hoping it can create a similar emotional impact that the last of us did!

19. Supercow

Capodecina

OK, I'm calling it before the reviews ... it's basically a game version of 'The Postman'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Postman_(film)

Swap Costner for Reedus ... put some weird baby stuff in there and invisible cyber soldiers from MGS and we have a Death Stranding?

20. Mark1989

Capodecina

Need to read some more but Eurogamer statement of its just glorified fetch quests even in the main story has put me off a tad.

I know open world games all have this but some have too dam many