1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Death Stranding***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by agnes, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Digital X

Sgarrista

Downloading mine now, off for site seeing first I think.

2. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

I have watched nearly 8 hours of it today whilst working. I know exactly how all those elements work (or dont work in some cases)

Perhaps you should watch some too, because it's clear you think even the basic gameplay is somehow magical...

3. Amatsubu

Mobster

Lol, I watched a lot of it too and got interested because of that so it's clear that you only think you know what I think:p

I'm not in the groundbreaking camp, I just like the aesthetic and the mechanics.
    I get it, it's incredibly boring and you know everything about it but I'll take a risk and trust my own taste, thanks.

Watching a game is not exactly the same as playing it and you still don't know the entirety of the game and mechanics. RDR 2 has a slow start as well and was one of the best games this gen.

4. TNA

Capodecina

Still confuses me how anyone can enjoy watching someone else that they do not know play :p

5. Digital X

Sgarrista

5 minutes in and I fall sprinting over wet rocks. Tip: use R2 and L2 for balance lol. Even at 22KG on my back I was wobbling all over. It looks STUNNING btw, Ps4 Pro 4K

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  6. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I’m not sure my Pro will handle this it’s loud enough now playing anything. Think I might strip it down and re-paste before giving this a go....

7. ic1male

Caporegime

I just don't want to see anything about this game until I get to play a PS5 version of it.

I haven't seen more than what was shown at the Game Awards last year when the man's just walking across moorlands. It looked amazing. Is this what the baseline for PS5 is going to be?

8. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Why wait a year to play ? Plenty of life in current consoles tbh.....

9. ic1male

Caporegime

Because I want my first time to be special. I'm not really going to play anything new* until PS5 comes along now. I have a nice backlog on PC to keep me content for 12 months.

*Except Cyberpunk 2077

10. Amatsubu

Mobster

It comes out on PC summer 2020, BTW.

11. ic1male

Caporegime

Aye but the PS5 will be even better than my computer when it comes out next November. :)

12. Amatsubu

Mobster

I'll probably be getting one as well instead of upgrading my PC, GPU prices especially are getting pretty ridiculous:p

13. TNA

Capodecina

If it was not for Final Fantasy 7 Remake and the fact Nvidia are taking too long releasing the 3070 I would not consider getting a PS4 Pro at all. PS5 is going to be great and I will likely buy one on release :D

14. Amatsubu

Mobster

I'd be already getting rid of my Pro if it weren't for what you've just mentioned:p And TLoU 2.

Considered getting a 2070S to replay RDR 2 on PC with proper quality and flogging the Pro after DS but I might regret not holding out for a 3070 and I'd have to wait for the PS5 to play TLOU2 and FF.

15. manic111

Capodecina

Are there any deals on this with the PS4 Pro? I know Game were offering CoD with the Pro for £140 if you traded in an older PS4... anything similar?

16. Rusko187

Hitman

Black Friday real soon, wait until then.

17. TNA

Capodecina

That is my plan :D

18. Scort

Mobster

Careful, you'll have that "PC Master Race" nut job back in here, with comments like that :D

19. McManicMan

Soldato

i cannot see how this would be any better on a PS5 next year, play it now and enjoy it, looks good as it is.

20. Digital X

Sgarrista

Hows everyone liking it?