Death Stranding

Associate
I am quite new to pc gaming and only built my first in May so for most of the gen I've had a PS4, Xbox One and it just feels like both companies have been spiting each other and releasing on PC and PS4/Xbox. I still have my PS4 because they do have some proper exclusives that I just love but I agree to a certain point. I just pray for a Bloodborne release on PC or PS5 because that game deserves more than what the base PS4 can handle, if you like FromSoftware games I'd say its worth getting a PS4 just to play but I may be biased as its top 3 of all time for me.

Associate
OP
The trailer that they showed at E3 made it look boring as heck. I reckon it'll definitely also be an Epic exclusive.
Just found out it is being published by 505 Games.
Control from Remedy has gone Epic exclusive, however games like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Horace and Indivisible etc which also published by 505 Games don't even go on sell on Epic.
In which I guess the developer has the right to choose the best storefront for its games instead, hope is still there.

Soldato
I wonder what the significance of the emphasis is in the lettering. The letters with the strands spell out "Eat Standing". Given what was in the trailer, that sounds yummy!

Soldato
I did that intentionally because the strands pass directly through the same points for the letters. At the end of the "E" and the "A", at the end of the "A" and the "N", and at the beginning of the "T" and the "D", hence why I thought they were included :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will either get this on PC or PS5. Worth playing something different and the graphics will be better than PS4 which look good already. But definitely looks like it won’t be a game for everyone.

Soldato
I think I'll get in on PS4 to try it and sell it on afterwards if I don't like it. Not bothered about 30fps in this sort of game, takes like 10mins to adjust for me.

I'm probably in the minority but I became more interested in the game once I'd learned it's more about traversal and managing/using your equipment to "carve" the best route to your destination. Then I saw the BTs and the social aspect with building and became more intrigued:p

I quite like Kojima but if it was another stealth/action shooter I'd wait, had enough of those for now.

I know its going to be a very divisive title but I'm quite miffed that people often complain about games not being original anymore but when something that strays from the usual formula comes along, they proceed to **** on it for being a boring walking simulator without even playing it.

I'm going to give it a fair chance, especially that it seems to be a complete title, no microtransactions, DLC and all the stuff that plagues most AAA stuff. I hope for a bonkers storyline as well, but one that makes some sense in the end but we'll see about that:p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think I'll get in on PS4 to try it and sell it on afterwards if I don't like it. Not bothered about 30fps in this sort of game, takes like 10mins to adjust for me.

I'm probably in the minority but I became more interested in the game once I'd learned it's more about traversal and managing/using your equipment to "carve" the best route to your destination. Then I saw the BTs and the social aspect with building and became more intrigued:p

I quite like Kojima but if it was another stealth/action shooter I'd wait, had enough of those for now.

I know its going to be a very divisive title but I'm quite miffed that people often complain about games not being original anymore but when something that strays from the usual formula comes along, they proceed to **** on it for being a boring walking simulator without even playing it.

I'm going to give it a fair chance, especially that it seems to be a complete title, no microtransactions, DLC and all the stuff that plagues most AAA stuff. I hope for a bonkers storyline as well, but one that makes some sense in the end but we'll see about that:p
+1

Soldato
Friday approaching, I might play the test subject and get it on the Pro to tell you guys where it falls on the scale between "unique masterpiece" and "go home, Kojima, you're drunk":p

Only playing Hitman 2 and some Tekken 7 so have some room for something slow paced.

Associate
Even after seeing the reviews for this I still think I will get it for PC, it does seem a little odd ball as games go, but I could do with a change and this will look brilliant on PC and hopefullt by the time it's released some of the quirks may have been ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom