Death Stranding

Soldato
I really hope the people that buy it on steam don't just abuse steam refund system and then leave a bad review calling it a "walking simulator" after playing for an hour. Hopefully there will be a demo available to stop that happening.

I have a feeling this game won't be for everyone and will be one of them marmite games. I loved the phantom pain and although not perfect, i enjoyed the repetitiveness of it as the gameplay was so much fun imo. Yet some people hated it because of the repetitiveness. My only real complaint about the phantom pain was that the landscape as a bit boring and this game doesn't seem to have that problem and looks gorgeous from what I have seen. If the story and gameplay is good in DS, I can see me enjoying it. I keep wanting to watch a stream to get a better idea of what the game is, but at the same time I don't want to spoil it too much either.

Last edited:
Caporegime
it didnt get great reviews many said it wasnt that good. some will give it the thumbs up just because its made by him and relations.i like the idea of it being different to most games. which i prefer. as said the only problem is 6 months down the road and a price of £55 make no sense. cant steam doing well on this.

Associate
OP
What an exciting news to see it is on Steam front page today!
So mystery solved!
505 Games actually allows the developer to choose their preferred storefront.
Games is also available on Epic.
Will preorder it during steam Xmas Sales.

Associate
I feel this game is going to be a bit like when Radiohead released Kid A. We waited with huge anticipation, had a listen, scratched our heads for about 10 years and then finally figured out it was good.

Associate
Been watching my other half play this on the PS4 and have found my attention totally absorbed by the constant delivering of goods from one place to another - though I love American Truck Simulator & Euro Truck Simulator, so not overly surprised I find it interesting. She's nearly completed it, so I may play a little afterwards but am mostly holding out for the PC version as I'd prefer to play it with a higher frame rate on a big widescreen monitor.

I like that the game is essentially one where you play as Amazon's last surviving delivery man, trekking across a nearly entirely desolate and ruined America... mostly by foot in the beginning until the game almost completely becomes an Apocalypse DLC for American Truck Simulator. Occasionally avoiding the BTs and a bunch of aggressive hoarders whilst ever sane person lives in what appear to be underground bunkers waiting for their Amazon orders to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom