Decent 4k TV Recommendations?

Soldato
Anyone know if the UE65KS7000 can be had any cheaper than £1,445.00?

Had cut the initial shortlist down to:

Samsung UE65KS7000 - £1,445.00

LG OLED65B6V - £2,899.00

However considering the screenburn / poor brightness of the OLED (and the price being double!) I can't justify one.

Associate
I believe the OP is just an average TV viewer like me. It is all very well talking about the black levels and so on but in this price range I have just purchased the very highly rated Samsung UE40MU6400 from the excellent Richer Sounds. In my totally normal lounge the lack of viewing angle makes it almost unuseable. If you stray just 3 feet off directly in front the picture is just completely washed out. Blacks! They barely make grey. So unless you can sit directly in front of it give or take a three foot from a distance of about 10 feet then any other technical consideration is irrelevant. And if you meet those requirements I'm guessing you live alone and don't have a family!

Associate
I believe the OP is just an average TV viewer like me. It is all very well talking about the black levels and so on but in this price range I have just purchased the very highly rated Samsung UE40MU6400 from the excellent Richer Sounds. In my totally normal lounge the lack of viewing angle makes it almost unuseable. If you stray just 3 feet off directly in front the picture is just completely washed out. Blacks! They barely make grey. So unless you can sit directly in front of it give or take a three foot from a distance of about 10 feet then any other technical consideration is irrelevant. And if you meet those requirements I'm guessing you live alone and don't have a family!

Valid point(s) i'm sure, but i'm willing to bet the OP has sorted out his TV troubles by now seen as he posted over 12 months ago. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom