Decent E60 Money?

Man of Honour
Can you list what these packs include for me please.

Visibility:

Adaptive Headlights
Xenon headlights

Media:

Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
ConnectedDrive-Assist
ConnectedDrive-Online
CD changer
Navigation-system Professional
Voice Control

These are the current versions, older ones may be slightly different.

Visibility did have headlight wash.
Media did not have ConnectedDrive-Online or Voice Control

Soldato
Can you list what these packs include for me please.

For LCI cars:

Visibility Package = Adaptive Headlights (see round corners etc), Xenon Headlights & Headlight Washers

Professional Media Package = Navigation System Professional, 6CD in glovebox, Bluetooth & Telematics, Voice Control, BMW ConnectedDrive Assist & BMW ConnectedDrive Online

For pre-LCI cars I don't have a clue!

Soldato
If you're looking at M-Sports, make sure they have full leather. Atleast on pre-LCI models, half leather was standard.

Oh and as Fox said, run-flats don't make for the most comfortable of rides. But it's not too difficult to change them to non-RF, many members of 5series.net have done so.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;15064581 said:
Pre-LCI does have Voice Control in the Media Pack, but did not have the online gubbins.

I'm pretty sure voice control wasn't standard in the media pack certainly for early cars with the media package but was retrofitable for not a lot of money.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;15065060 said:
It's not listed on my options list, but Media Pack is and I've got it. According to the guy at Cooper Thames Ditton who gave me the print out it was included in the pack. I'm positive that it was always included in the Media Pack.

http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=70223&hl=voice+control even March 06 cars didnt get it as standard. I think it became standard over here at least on the media package just before the LCI was released.

Soldato
If you look at post 3 in that thread it says Prof Media (presumably that means Media Pack) does have voice control.

However, from BM (who knows what he's talking about) in post 12 states that voice was added to the Media pack, but doesn't say when. He also reminds us that there is standard and extended voice, which I'd forgotten about. I've got the extended.

Last edited:
Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;15065234 said:
If you look at post 3 in that thread it says Prof Media (presumably that means Media Pack) does have voice control.

Yes but there are quite a few others there that dont have it. I think he is worng or was talking about current cars like his one.

Soldato
OP
Update

I went for my test drive last night at the BMW garage. I tested-

2006 530d sport c.60k. Extras- full leather (although I think this was std on the 530d?), auto and Media Pack. Over price and not mint at £20k.

2009 520d Business sport c.3K. Extras (some std on the business sport)- full leather, media pack, M172 19” alloys, auto, visibility pack. £26k, quite good value I thought considering it’s three years newer then the 530d, have the remaining BMW warranty and more options. It’s likely to be worth more than £6k more in three years time come resale, it’s also presumably going to be cheaper to run.

These are my thoughts so far. Very both nice cars to drive, the 530d offers a more relaxed driving style due to the extra power on tap. I think I’d like an auto and the 530d offers more suitable auto performance.

I’m highly unlikely to buy directly from BMW due to their inflated prices.

Options I am now looking for after my test drive-

• Media Pack, I wouldn’t buy one without.
• Visibility Pack
• M-sport rear spoiler, would be nice but not essential as an easy retro fit if needed.
• M172 Alloys, set the car off nicely I think. They bring it right up to date.

I would love an LCI, the light upgrades make it look brilliant. I think any LCI will take it out of budget though. From what I’ve seen a decent LCI 530d will cost in the region of £20k+ where as I can pick up a pre LCI for around £15k.

The options I’m considering are below and advise you can offer me would be great.

• A c.2006 pre LCI 530d with about 60k, all options listed about for £15-16k. Quick example I've just found in 2secs
Or
• A c.2008 LCI 520d, c.20k miles for about £20k. Again- Quick example I've just found in 2secs The options on a 520d are going to be much harder to find and I might have to give some up, but it will be an LCI.

I wouuld love an LCI 530d with all the options but I think it's going to be streching it a little.

Let me know what you would do or any feedback on what I've found.

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd wait a year or so and buy an LCI for less. I really think the 5 series needs to be LCI - a few times I almost bought a prefacelift E39 and I think had I done so I'd have regretted it. You are spending almost double what I did so the issue would be magnified.

Back
Top Bottom