Decision time: LG OLED55B6V vs Sony Bravia 55XD9305

Associate
Disagree entirely with Psycho.

I have an 65B6V and was concerned about the input lag before buying it, but having used it extensively with my Titan X SLI PC and Xbox One S (using a Wireless XBox One controller with both) that I cannot detect the input lag with 'Game' mode enabled and the image quality blows me away, particularly the brightness, colours and the blacks compared with my X34a 21:9 monitor.

I have played a few HDR games, Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One S and Shadow Warrior 2 on Steam and HDR works great. You definately notice the input lag with HDR games, and though they are still playable it's not as nice as the standard Game mode.

However, LG have already confirmed an Firmware update is on the way to add a Game mode for HDR and this is expected to reduce input lag in line with standard game mode (38ms)
https://twitter.com/LGUS/status/807670260216295424

mate could you comment on the readability of text as you say you have used this with your pc?
all the best!

Caporegime
Can't see that you really need 4:4:4 for word and web browsing, but it's a faff as you have to then set the input to PC mode, which is different to the actual modes you can cycle through such as 'Game', 'Movie', 'Expert bright Room' etc

Associate
Can't see that you really need 4:4:4 for word and web browsing, but it's a faff as you have to then set the input to PC mode, which is different to the actual modes you can cycle through such as 'Game', 'Movie', 'Expert bright Room' etc
ah ok i had understood that it gave crisp text. having a problem understanding the whole hdmi2 / 4 4 4 at 60hz on a 10 bit panel meme!!!

Caporegime
On current driver's at least (Nvidia 382.05) 8bit RGB looks far better than 10bit YCbCr 422

I sat exactly 80cm away and word documents and web pages looked fine without having to zoom in. Though the screen is so large you physically have to move your head around at that distance...

I usually sit 10ft away for TV/movies and 5ft away for 4k gaming if my girlfriend isn't about.

Associate
On current driver's at least (Nvidia 382.05) 8bit RGB looks far better than 10bit YCbCr 422

I sat exactly 80cm away and word documents and web pages looked fine without having to zoom in. Though the screen is so large you physically have to move your head around at that distance...

I usually sit 10ft away for TV/movies and 5ft away for 4k gaming if my girlfriend isn't about.
i cannot thankyou enough. this will all really help my choices, tho i think that cheap deal had got away from me

Back
Top Bottom