Declining offer

Associate
OP
Hmm, it's a bit odd and slightly iffy to waste your time soliciting feedback from you if they've already decided to reject you.

Did you know for sure that the previous interview was the last stage? Or is there a possibility of another stage? (even if your friend got an offer they may still have a role for example).

I'd be inclined to let them know you're away and unable to schedule a call until next week and then directly ask them if this phonecall is to discuss an offer (if you know there is no other stage)?

Like why should they play some guessing game with you, no we're not going to extend an offer but would you mind giving some feedback on the process would be more honest if that is the case.
Yeah the whole thing is strange. They said they were going to debrief at end of week. I have still not had a call. I also don't want to reply to email because I don't like the way they are not being honest with me that someone else has been offered the role. Would much prefer them just giving me feedback transparently.

I am thinking of leaving it and waiting for a call next week?

Soldato
Hmm, it's a bit odd and slightly iffy to waste your time soliciting feedback from you if they've already decided to reject you.

The last few interviews I had, they have asked for my feedback in an email or when they have called me. For them to reject me, why waste my time asking for feedback when you have made your decision :mad:

Now if they call to ask, I just tell them "It was ok" and leave it at that.

Man of Honour
Yeah the whole thing is strange. They said they were going to debrief at end of week. I have still not had a call. I also don't want to reply to email because I don't like the way they are not being honest with me that someone else has been offered the role. Would much prefer them just giving me feedback transparently.

I am thinking of leaving it and waiting for a call next week?
I would just try to get a conclusion one way or the other so you know where you stand, I wouldn't delay unnecessarily. I'd email asking them to confirm the outcome of their debrief and what the next step in the process is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom