Deep Rock Galactic - 1-4 Player Co-op

Soldato
I got this in Steam sale a week or so ago, it's ok.....

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to promote anyone, I go to the memorial hall terminal but I get nothing that says promote anywhere.

You can only promote once you get a character to level 25 and then complete the assignment.

Rock and stone!

Soldato
The game doesn't do a good job of making some things clear. I was searching around a map for about an hour for something called an acquark (something like that anyway) before I realised I had to dig for it!

I also just did a mission in the ice zone for the first time, and there's no clarity about whether you get damage or slow down if you go too long without sitting in one of the hot springs.

Soldato
The game doesn't do a good job of making some things clear. I was searching around a map for about an hour for something called an acquark (something like that anyway) before I realised I had to dig for it!

I also just did a mission in the ice zone for the first time, and there's no clarity about whether you get damage or slow down if you go too long without sitting in one of the hot springs.

Yeah kinda agree, to be honest, whilst I think the game is ok.......I think its been bigged up a bit on this thread. I paid £16 on Steam, I've put 10 hours in, im havingg fun yes, I want to play it more, yes, but...... thats about it, really nothing special.

Associate
i mean its a game based on mining, if the objectives werent about digging i would be disappointed.
and considering it was an early access game its easily one of the best and there always adding content for it.

Soldato
I do agree that it can be a little light on instruction sometimes. I tend to play public and often have more experienced dwarfs join, so I learn from just following them around.

Also, the players tend to be very helpful and happy to answer questions in game chat

Soldato
I know I'm coming to this late, but I have to ask to check whether it's just me:

When the game first loads up and there's a 4-5 note musical accompaniment to the publishers (Coffee Stain) logo - does anyone else get massive The Goonies vibes from that music?

Associate
I've been playing with them on the experimental branch. The new game mode and data cube event is fun, though the event is really unforgiving on haz4 upwards.

The new guns definitely need a bit of tweaking. Engie gun feels very weak, even with overclocks, and although the sludge gun is fun, I'm not sure if it beats the cryo cannon which can freeze most enemies in their tracks in less than a second if set up right.

Amazing that all this is free though. This game definitely deserves much more attention.

Back
Top Bottom