Delays in all my hobbies due to covid and brexit. Grr

Soldato
You will be! People can't wait to listen to live music again
I've been watching some old gigs on YouTube and it's only made me more downbeat to be honest. Really want my life back now.

I really miss going to gigs at places like Koko, The Roundhouse and The Underworld. Good times. :(

On the subject of hobbies, I should be able to spend more time doing some of mine but I've never been so demotivated in all my life. I've barely touched the piano in several months despite having ample opportunity to play. At least I've finished a couple of small musical projects on my synthesiser. Ho hum.

Soldato
My main hobby is historical reenactment, one of my income streams too. I did one event last January and that was it. Dead, gone. Nobody knows when or even if things like that will happen again. Lots of people all packed together, crowds watching, with events all over Europe, Holland, Poland, Germany, Spain. I'm not at all hopeful for the next year or so.
So, I stick to learning bagpipes and have recently taken up lerning a language again (Irish) but my main issue is not time, it's motivation. Really starting to struggle a bit now.

Soldato
I've been watching some old gigs on YouTube and it's only made me more downbeat to be honest. Really want my life back now.

I really miss going to gigs at places like Koko, The Roundhouse and The Underworld. Good times. :(

On the subject of hobbies, I should be able to spend more time doing some of mine but I've never been so demotivated in all my life. I've barely touched the piano in several months despite having ample opportunity to play. At least I've finished a couple of small musical projects on my synthesiser. Ho hum.

That's sad to hear. If it makes you feel any better, I know that one of the two bands I'm in has been practicing when it's been permitted. Both bands want to be gigging as soon as places are open again.

I do have the same sort of demotivation as you do though regarding actually picking up the instrument. I've only done what's necessary to make it through the practices I've been to, nothing creative.

Man of Honour
I realised that 2020 (and likely this year too) was the first year in my 4+ decades that I haven't travelled abroad. Since before I was 1, I have travelled every year of my life abroad. To see family mainly, but also to go on holiday, as I come from a multi cultural / country background travelling was / has always been normal to me.

I know it's a very 1st world problem to have but it struck me when I realised it. I'm DESPERATE to go on holiday for a while.

Underboss
Yeah not played golf since November due to self isolating and then tier 4 - can't see me playing at all before March with how things are looking.

Understandable but naff none the less, worst is I'm paying £150pm club membership for the pleasure.

Associate
OP
Found out what the problem was the items were sat in a container since before christmas but covid and brexit caused massive backlog at the port. And ships have to be unloaded so they get priority until the freightyard gets full. Well had a message some stuff is being posted to me now, so the rest should be soon.

My outdoor hobbies were clubbing/gigs and fairgrounds/themeparks. Obviously defunct now.

A lot of my indoor hobby time at the moment is the Nintendo Switch. I found a 2nd hand red/blue unit in September 2020 for £250 which included 1 game. I was meaning to get it for while and it was without knowing that there were going to be more lockdowns, so I got pretty lucky. On Amazon, the red/blue unit (without any games) is now £343 O.o

I also bought a synthesiser to keep my music hobby going.

I also enjoy DMX lights, creating scenes, chases etc. They're lights that you see in nightclubs and theatres, except that I keep them in the downstairs of my house. I thought that prices of the lights would have gone down due to being no demand and providers having surplus of stock, but weirdly enough, the prices have stayed the same.

Soldato
My outdoor hobbies were clubbing/gigs and fairgrounds/themeparks. Obviously defunct now.

A lot of my indoor hobby time at the moment is the Nintendo Switch. I found a 2nd hand red/blue unit in September 2020 for £250 which included 1 game. I was meaning to get it for while and it was without knowing that there were going to be more lockdowns, so I got pretty lucky. On Amazon, the red/blue unit (without any games) is now £343 O.o

I also bought a synthesiser to keep my music hobby going.

I also enjoy DMX lights, creating scenes, chases etc. They're lights that you see in nightclubs and theatres, except that I keep them in the downstairs of my house. I thought that prices of the lights would have gone down due to being no demand and providers having surplus of stock, but weirdly enough, the prices have stayed the same.
We got ours for retail in December (brand new on argos). Can't be dealing with paying overs.

Soldato
I have 2 main hobbies pc gaming and model making/gaming. I have been waiting for some new modeling stuff to arrive that was ordered back in November and have now been informed that its sat on some train somewhere in the uk in a backlog of freight. Likewise it seems that pc components are becoming equaly hard to get ahold of.

Yer having similar issue with Gunpla models (Gundam plastic models) either the stores don't run e commerce platforms to collect the tax that is required and or they don't know how to send the collected tax yet still.

APAC stores I having no issues with, they seem to care less to comply. You mentioned trains @Count_Zero99uk give https://banzaihobby.com/ they sell some train stuff

Back
Top Bottom