DELETED_5873

Soldato
Bifolds work really well just as a normal door, well ours do anyway. We've got a 3 panel door and the first one just works like a standard door you can open and close without having to touch the other 2 panels.

Worth a think about as i really love ours, ours are kind of our back door to the house so i use it a lot to get to the garden, let the cat out and bring in logs as it's the closest door between the log store and the stove.

Associate
Well done, looks good. I would love to do this but I would be concerned of falling foul of building regs, which are horribly complex to a noob.

Associate
The reclaimed bricks look great, I like them in their uncleaned state

whats the thickness of the insulation? What U-values are you going for?

Associate
What’s the regs/rules with cavity insulation? Is 75mm in the cavity leaving too little space?

Your block work and pointing is awesome, keep up the good work (and updates!)

Caporegime
Sorry, just to clarify, I think I can see from the last pic you using starter kits on both the outer brick wall and the inner block work wall, too the existing house wall?

Personally i think it always looks so much nicer to take the time and effort to tooth in the outer brickwork wall, perfectly ok to use starters on the block work as its hidden, but the outer just looks so much smarter toothed in nicely.

I know its costs a bit more when getting a builder to quote for toothing in, but as you are doing this yourself surely the extra time and effort would have been worth it in the end ?

Also I am assuming your existing house is not cavity wall?

Or that your local building regs do not require the cavity continuing into the extension, nor a vertical damp proof course needed between old wall and new?

Back
Top Bottom