• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Delidded CPU's

Associate
Yeah its one hell of a mark up but i did see a couple of people on flebay doing delids if you bought a cpu off them .
I bought an oem 8700k here and delided it myself i like to overclock so for me it was worth the risk i also used a solid copper ihs from a seller in poland am currently running @5.3ghz avx offset 2 1.41volts.

Associate
There is a now famous video on the precise percentages of delided chips speeds.

I am pretty sure it was 88% of 8700k could do 5ghz (at 1.4 volts) and all 8700k's could hit 4.9ghz (within <1%)

For around 410 you can buy the chip buy the tool to delid and the metal tim and even a copper ihs and do it yourself (loads of videos on how to do it safely and the tools on ocuk work perfectly) or you can pay for it to be done by ocuk and it will cost 500-620+ pounds depending on what you want done or what speed.

It really just comes down to you, do you have experience with doing this kind of thing? or do you think you want to try irregardless? if you do then you could always buy a cheap non soldered chip and delid it and see how you get on and giving it a try if you feel like it or do you leave it to someone who has done it 100+ times and who will give you a 1 year warranty on it.

In truth i would be much more inclined to put that money to getting a better gpu or a m.2 drive or good quality ram then paying to get 100-200mhz extra on a cpu.

Back
Top Bottom