Dell 2405fpw INFO - No Power - Inverter

Soldato
mine buzzes for a while done it since release day. a lot of the 2405fpws had the issues, there afew diff fixes for em the most simplest of which was stick blutack in varios places. i was very tempted to try but never had the guts to ripp open the monitor at the time.

still happy with mine after all these years possibly the one pc related purchased ive used a lot every day. will prolly still put it to use once i upgrade to 30" screen later this year tho

Blu-tack is a good shout. Non permanent, and non conductive, so I may try experimenting with that. :) What do the other less simple fixes involve? I know hot glue is also pretty good at stopping buzzing as long as you know which parts to glue... ;) Also these fixes may prolong the life of your inverter...

The buzz is pretty annoying, especially after going to so much effort in order to build a quiet PC, now all I hear is the buzzing from this screen on lower brightness settings... which is a bit of a shame as apart from the buzzing issue these screens seem to give a very nice picture.

Soldato
cant remember where the other risky fixes some required soldering and if i remeber correctly there was and argument on some forum. a lot of the picks i saw was off some french tech forums tho

Associate
Bad news for anyone thinking that LCD Repair LCC is the solution to their Del 2405 fpw power supply problems. I followed the advice at the start of this thread and ordered a replacement power supply from the lcdrepair.us online shop. The order was accepted, I got a confirmation email with a tracker link and the money has been taken from my account.

That was 23rd April 2011. Its now 13th May i.e. 15 working days on and nothing further has happened. The power supply hasn't arrived, the tracker has not been updated, I emailed customer services and got no reply, I tried phoning and got number unobtainable.

I even tried phoning another company that an internet search said was at the same address, but they had moved from there 6 years ago and had no idea about LCD Repair.

So I think the company has gone down the tubes leaving behind a zombie online shop that just eats your money! I'll let you know if I get my money back or find another power supply option.

Soldato
Bad news for anyone thinking that LCD Repair LCC is the solution to their Del 2405 fpw power supply problems. I followed the advice at the start of this thread and ordered a replacement power supply from the lcdrepair.us online shop. The order was accepted, I got a confirmation email with a tracker link and the money has been taken from my account.

That was 23rd April 2011. Its now 13th May i.e. 15 working days on and nothing further has happened. The power supply hasn't arrived, the tracker has not been updated, I emailed customer services and got no reply, I tried phoning and got number unobtainable.

I even tried phoning another company that an internet search said was at the same address, but they had moved from there 6 years ago and had no idea about LCD Repair.

So I think the company has gone down the tubes leaving behind a zombie online shop that just eats your money! I'll let you know if I get my money back or find another power supply option.
This is very bad news as my 2405 has just gone pop...:mad:

Anyone else know where we can buy these circuit boards ??

Soldato
As far as I can find that was the only place in the world which is a bizarre thing to say in the day and age of the internet and worldwide shopping.
Think i have to agree with you...

I just been searching for them part numbers in the op post on google/ebay/etc and can't find anywhere that sells them :(

Associate
I was thinking it might be worth an email to BenQ head office in Taiwan but they only list their address and telephone number. Apparently BenQ UK and Dell are dead ends as far as help is concerned.

Soldato
I was thinking it might be worth an email to BenQ head office in Taiwan but they only list their address and telephone number. Apparently BenQ UK and Dell are dead ends as far as help is concerned.
Think am going bite the bullet and just fork out for the new dell U2412M monitor...

I can't moan as my 2405 was 5 or 6 years old and it had many 1000's of hours of use..(It been used everyday)
And i call that great value for money even with it costing me about £600 when i bought it

Associate
My 2407wfp inverter has failed. the LCD works fine. zero luck in finding a replacement part, which is a shame becuase as far as i can tell from old threads etc it was a simple 30$ replacement part.

Has anyone tried: http://www.lcdparts.net/ ??

The website sucks balls to navigate (no search?!) but they do seem to have some hard to find parts... i think my inverter is on there (cant find at the moment, stupid website) but its at 130$ and i dont want to pay that much when i could put that cash towards a U2410.

Im probably going to replace the blacklight with an LED array...

Associate
Thought I would use this thread rather than start a new one.

I have a Dell 2407wfp that has stopped displaying any image at all. The lights come on and it appears to be getting a signal as it doesn't go into standby mode. But there is nothing on the screen at all, it remains completely blank whatever I try, so hint of the menu showing up etc.

Any suggestions as to what might be the cause of this fault? It's long out of warranty so I'll probably have a gander inside anyway, any help as to which parts might be suspect would be great.

cheers

Mal :)

Back
Top Bottom