Dell 2407

Soldato
What's the story with the ones OcUK are selling now. Are they all A02 revisions ?

And has anyone bought one which had a stuck or dead pixel ?

Associate
Flanno said:
What's the story with the ones OcUK are selling now. Are they all A02 revisions ?

And has anyone bought one which had a stuck or dead pixel ?

I got mine last week and its A02. No dead pixels and no noticable banding :D

Associate
I got mine on Monday and have been using it for a couple of days, it's an A03 version and has no dead pixels. Been looking for signs of banding and not had any "luck" so far - overall I'm well impressed by the size and picture quality.

Associate
Well the serial number on the outside of the box began A03 and there is a sticker just below where the power cord plugs into the back of the monitor with rev A03 on it too.

Just to reiterate mine had NO dead pixels too and ofcourse it was purchased from OcUK.

Soldato
OP
None...they fixed some menu stuff in the OSD as far as I know. People on the Dell forums still complain about banding in all revisions.

Anyway, I have my rig orderered including the 2407....should be here Monday (see sig below).

<edit>Sounds like everyone is enjoying no dead pixels. Hope I am as lucky and it makes it over to Ireland ok. It says on the website about the work order details on the box to quote if you have a warranty problem. Where/what is this exactly ?</edit>

Associate
Flanno basically theres a big code on the outside of the box, I asume it matches whats on the back of the monitor but can't check as the box is now in the loft and awkward to get to. It should make it easier to read than the tiny sticker anyway but hopefully I/we wont need to use it.

BTW thats a nice rig you're putting together there :D

Soldato
OP
Cheers mate...was sick of borrowing systems from work.
Had to put together my own eventually....bought a lot of the components over the last few months as money allowed...now near the finish line hope to have it all built by next tuesday the latest. praying for no dead pixels :)

Soldato
OP
Just got my 2407. Big blue line going across middle of screen !!
Happens in all video modes, dvi or vga. Even changed cables.

Rang Dell and quoted work order no. 4 year warranty as expected. And new one coming on Thursday but not new - a refurb !! What the hell !! OcUK bought these towards the end of August so they are more then 30 days old as far as Dell are concerned.

Told the tech guy I wanted an A02 or later. What do you think my chances are ?

Also forgot to mention about the dvi cable or stand. Should I hang onto these ?

Associate
man thats sad, 6ton you paid for a refurb wtf....surely they should give you a bran spanker???, its not like you had it a year, thats well out of order. u know i was going to order one soon 2 but storys like this put me right off....600 quid at the end of the day

Soldato
OP
Actually as far as Dell are concerned OcUK is another customer and they were sent 230 systems by Dell on the 25th of August. Mine was the 125th system. All written on the box. So according to Dell the system is more then 30 days old and it is up to the reseller to provide a replacement or money back. And they are perfectly correct in this matter.

I will probably take this up with OcUK as regardlesss of what arrangements they made with Dell regarding warranty, OcUK are in fact responsible for warranty on everything they sell for 12 months. That is the law and is something brought up time and time again in the legal column in PC Pro magazine.

Soldato
OP
Sareth said:
You should have returned it to wherever it was purchased from as it arrived faulty.

Dude, did you read my post ? It arrived today from OcUK and it is faulty. OcUK say specifically on their site the warranty is with Dell. My point is OcUK is a middleman and bought the screen over 30 days ago so Dell can only do a refurb. The onus is on OcUK to replace the screen as by law they are responsible for up to 1 year for warranty on any item they sell.

However the way I feel now, there is no way I am paying for postage/insurance back.

Back
Top Bottom