Dell 2407

Associate
Flanno said:
Dude, did you read my post ? It arrived today from OcUK and it is faulty. OcUK say specifically on their site the warranty is with Dell. My point is OcUK is a middleman and bought the screen over 30 days ago so Dell can only do a refurb. The onus is on OcUK to replace the screen as by law they are responsible for up to 1 year for warranty on any item they sell.

However the way I feel now, there is no way I am paying for postage/insurance back.

Yes I did and I didnt mean to be in any way antagonising its just at that the time I posted you had only stated that you'd contacted Dell and not mentioned anything else.

Good luck to you.

Associate
Flanno said:
Actually as far as Dell are concerned OcUK is another customer and they were sent 230 systems by Dell on the 25th of August. Mine was the 125th system. All written on the box. So according to Dell the system is more then 30 days old and it is up to the reseller to provide a replacement or money back. And they are perfectly correct in this matter.

I will probably take this up with OcUK as regardlesss of what arrangements they made with Dell regarding warranty, OcUK are in fact responsible for warranty on everything they sell for 12 months. That is the law and is something brought up time and time again in the legal column in PC Pro magazine.

lets us know how you go on mate

Soldato
OP
Ok, I tried another dvi cable and the screen is perfect !! I can't explain it. Hard to believe I had 2 dud dvi cables.

No backlight bleed, banding that I can see.

Just 1 dead pixel in top left quadrant of screen. black dot. annoying when doing anything with a light background.

I have a service call open with Dell over the other issue and I could easily get a refurb replacement.

Should I ? There is no guarantee I would get a perfect monitor at all.
However because it's a next business day swap out warranty I can basically say what I want to the tech support. I know it sounds dishonest but I don't subscribe to this you have to have 4-6 dead pixels before we do squat policy. I could easily get a replacement over this blue line issue and if I get a screen with backlight bleed, a01 firmware or even 1 dead or stuck pixel, get another replacement ad infinitum till I get a perfect screen. That's what I am leaning towards doing now.

Back
Top Bottom