Dell 3 year replacement Warranty Not Worth Owt...

Soldato
Bear in mind, in this case, the reseller is actually the customer as far as Dell is concerned, weather they are the final user or not does not matter, they are the customer who purchased the items from Dell and thus the warrenty is based on this. Also bear in mind, that Dell mainly sell their stuff direct, although I see that more resellers are starting to appear now, so if you had bought it from Dell directly you would be their direct customer and thus would have the full warrenty.

...and that is exactly what I need to explain to people every day. Haha!

Soldato
Out of interest, if the reseller Alty bought the monitor from were still in business, and he reported the monitor faulty within the 3 year period he bought it from them, and they then recieve the faulty monitor and contact Dell, what would Dell say to them, if it was outside the 3 year manufacture date? Would they still say "No dice. You will have to foot the bill yourself, even though it was sat on a shelf not being used, still in its shrink wrap for 2 months"?

Associate
OP
Oh

My

God....

Just called Dell up and within the 1 phone call and the minimum of fuss have arranged to get the monitor replaced tomorrow and had an apology for the run around given by the original customer service person.

BIG THANKS go out to Woody and to Chris Bryson at Dell who was the kind fella who sorted me out with a replacement!

Am genuinely chuffed and have had my faith restored in Dell!

Woo Woo Indeedy Doo!

Soldato
Out of interest, if the reseller Alty bought the monitor from were still in business, and he reported the monitor faulty within the 3 year period he bought it from them, and they then recieve the faulty monitor and contact Dell, what would Dell say to them, if it was outside the 3 year manufacture date? Would they still say "No dice. You will have to foot the bill yourself, even though it was sat on a shelf not being used, still in its shrink wrap for 2 months"?

If it were still within the 3 years from Dell, Dell would replacement. If it were outside of the 3 years from Dell, but still within the 3 years from the reseller, the reseller would have to foot the bill. The reseller is the customer. If they sell it on and don't tell the customer that it's already lost x amount of days/weeks/months on the warranty, then that's not really Dells problem...

Soldato
Oh

My

God....

Just called Dell up and within the 1 phone call and the minimum of fuss have arranged to get the monitor replaced tomorrow and had an apology for the run around given by the original customer service person.

BIG THANKS go out to Woody and to Chris Bryson at Dell who was the kind fella who sorted me out with a replacement!

Am genuinely chuffed and have had my faith restored in Dell!

Woo Woo Indeedy Doo!
Chris is a top chap. Glad yer happy.

Associate
OP
He couldn't understand why I had been given the run around for over 2 months via the email customer service rep I had been in correspondance with. Just makes me laugh how you can go from one extreme to the other - am soooo glad I took Woody's advice and called Dell up instead of continually waiting for feedback from some lass the other side of the world.

Soldato
It depends. The monitor was built in August 05. They're actually build from scratch when ordered, so there is a really high chance that the actual order it's self is invoiced in August or September.
Depending on where you bought it from some resellers are actually considered to be the original owner, i.e. some of the really cheap Dell deals you see are because the individual/company is the one getting a big loyalty/volume discount through their account manager, etc - not you the end customer.

Good that you were able to get it sorted though :)

EDIT: Oops someone already said this :(

Back
Top Bottom