Dell Alienware 34'' IPS 3440x1440 100Hz Native (120hz OC) 21:9 Monitor with G-SYNC

hmmm, wonder if there are any remaining 'oflife' domains

i think i'm going to hold off any monitors until at least black friday or january sales now. Hoping to see more use of that 100+20Hz panel in some freesync options, although that never seems to go as low and i play MMO's... very unpredicatble fps.

Same. My x34 will be going back this week which leaves me with a 19" Dell but i'll slog it out till the 24th to see if there's a deal to be had. LG got me excited with their 34" but not haging about till 2018 and the 2 upcoming big hitters seem to be months away...

No way. Good for you. Post thoughts.

I checked on Black Friday online and nothing why don't they advertise dumb you have to ask for it?!

Never hurts to ask at this time of year, got a great deal on a Bluesound Node 2 as well just by asking

I'll post my findings once it arrives

Chris

It's turned up, this thing is massive

There is some back light bleed in the bottom left hand corner :( not sure if im happy with it yet, will update more later

IMG_20171201_140921.jpg

Photo of back light bleed

IMG_20171201_162110.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Got mine as well today. It'll take a while to adjust to the size after upgrading from a Dell U2414H but I'm already getting used to it.

I've got a tiny bit of BLB in the same postion as the image above, but it's barely noticeable in comparison, and I thought I had a row of dead pixels in the bottom right of the screen which turned out to be the white bit of the Windows 10 taskbar :o

Only thing i'm not really happy with is the size of the stand, it's gigantic and the monitor sits way too far forward. The stand with my U2412H was much more compact and it looked far better so I'll be looking to replace it soon. Would the stand from a U3417W fit?

All in all, I'm well happy with mine.

Edit: Picture of mine below. Dark room and brightness whacked up to 100%. Picture wasn't taken completely inline with the screen so it's picked up some IPS glow but it shows some BLB along the bottom.

Last edited:
Thanks i'll look into it

Update - Noticed some scan lines as well, tried disabling G-Sync and reverting back to 100hz but it's still visible :(

Chris

Just ordered one to try for £999.

What are your overall impressions/reviews of it?

possibly return my X34A as I didn't see this before I purchased. really in favour of the 120hz while still keeping IPS.

The dell seems to have far better bleed issues too with my current X34A at 25 brightness because of it.

Edit: have one on the way for delivery tomorrow. Will let you know my impressions comparing against (z35p, x34 and pg348q).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom