Dell Alienware 34'' IPS 3440x1440 100Hz Native (120hz OC) 21:9 Monitor with G-SYNC

Hello, I got this monitor the other day and when I went to clean the screen with an LCD screen cleaner I notice behind the screen all this blk dots... Have you heard of anything like this before with this monitor (my old monitor never had this when I cleaned the screen). Hope it's not screen burns...

Any help will be grateful... (will give scan a call now and see if they know of this issue).

Trying to work out for gaming how essential calibrating it myself is?
Would be willing to get a Spyder 5 express if needed but if copying TFT central's settings get me within 5% that will do me

Trying to work out for gaming how essential calibrating it myself is?
Would be willing to get a Spyder 5 express if needed but if copying TFT central's settings get me within 5% that will do me
Used a Spyder 5 Express with DisplayCal - It definitely makes a difference - Worth £85 for a normal person? Probably not. But spending this amount on a monitor an extra 10% to know it's at it's peak? Worth it imo.

Used a Spyder 5 Express with DisplayCal - It definitely makes a difference - Worth £85 for a normal person? Probably not. But spending this amount on a monitor an extra 10% to know it's at it's peak? Worth it imo.

Guys, I've always wanted to buy some kind of calibration tool for monitor colouring, however how does it work... I see them using all kinds of kit but never understood them... Plus I used the TFT review on how to set the colour but think I did it wrong lol.... (I want one correct colour for gaming and one for when I switch over to watching movies) Anyone with this monitor tell me what colour settings they use etc... Thanks..

I received mine a couple of weeks ago. I really like it.

One issue I have found is that whilst the included Display Port cable works great, when I replaced it with a 10ft long Startech cable (which claims to be certified to the needed data rates for the full res and 100 to 120hz) it quite simply does not produce a picture.

It may be typical issues with Display Port cables but I have had to return this cable and request another one.

Has anyone else managed to get a 10ft one to work and if so which one?

Cheers,
Steven_RW

I received mine a couple of weeks ago. I really like it.

One issue I have found is that whilst the included Display Port cable works great, when I replaced it with a 10ft long Startech cable (which claims to be certified to the needed data rates for the full res and 100 to 120hz) it quite simply does not produce a picture.

It may be typical issues with Display Port cables but I have had to return this cable and request another one.

Has anyone else managed to get a 10ft one to work and if so which one?

Cheers,
Steven_RW

Hi Steven,

I too am using the DP cable that came with the monitor, I was going to buy this cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSV3...colid=H7QJO6DQ2XAD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it but the cable that comes with the monitor seems to do the job well. On a side note (Do you have any custom color setting?).

Jeff

Guys, I've always wanted to buy some kind of calibration tool for monitor colouring, however how does it work... I see them using all kinds of kit but never understood them... Plus I used the TFT review on how to set the colour but think I did it wrong lol.... (I want one correct colour for gaming and one for when I switch over to watching movies) Anyone with this monitor tell me what colour settings they use etc... Thanks..
I followed this guide ( https://www.ceos3c.com/misc/calibrate-your-screen-with-displaycal-and-a-spyder-5/ ) and just went for a true "media colour space" of as close to 6500k as I could get. I've only done a short run of 30minutes on it however but I can confirm it is noticably more "accurate" than the default profiles on my Acer X34P which appears to be the same panel as the Dell.

I believe you use a program which generates colours in an area on the monitor screen, where you stick the sensor too.

You run the tests and generate an ICC profile specific to that monitor.

Hello, I got this monitor the other day and when I went to clean the screen with an LCD screen cleaner I notice behind the screen all this blk dots... Have you heard of anything like this before with this monitor (my old monitor never had this when I cleaned the screen). Hope it's not screen burns...

Any help will be grateful...
xGa5Kt8
zVGhViy

xGa5Kt8

zVGhViy

Back
Top Bottom