Dell G3223D

Soldato
In the market for a bigger monitor around 32" or more... Got my eye on a Dell G3223D but waiting on the price to drop however, is there any other recommendations I should consider?

Soldato
OP
Doubt that the G3223D will drop lower than the discounted price of £345 that you can get it for at the moment, and that's without any blue light, student or work discounts that you might alos be eligible for

It might like the others, especially with a code etc.

Soldato
OP
I would highly recommend the Gigabyte M32Q (make sure it's the Q and not the QC which is a different monitor entirely) 1440P 165Hz IPS monitor with USB type C aswell which is nice. I've been using mine a bit more than a year now. What I would say is, 32" is 'big' though, coming from 27" displays it's quite a lot more physical monitor on your desk and does look better if you can sit back a bit more than you otherwise might due to the dot pitch. The Dell you mention looks almost identical actually, just in a Dell dress rather than a Gigabyte one.

Tempting as I see it is currently now on offer.

Soldato
OP
Ended up going for the Dell G3223D in the end for £310.50 with code plus for the warranty offered it's a no brainer. Should be delivered on Tuesday and not sure whether to sell my 27" or keep it as a spare as it's faultless.

Soldato
OP
Thought about a 4K mate, running a 5600x with a 3070, I think some of the demanding games I play (RDR2, ACValhalla,Cyberpunk..MSFS) I’d personally struggle to get anything near 60fps on decent settings.(pretty much the same reason I didn’t go for a ultrawide).

I can pretty much max out graphic settings on the titles I’ve mentioned and get excellent frame rates, I’d personally be sitting just over a arms length away, monitor should be arriving tomorrow hopefully it’ll suit my needs and I’ll be happy with it, if not it goes back I’ve used Dell before so I can attest to their excellent customer service..thanks for the advice Troezar.

Edit: Has yours arrived MR G 1st impressions?

Should take delivery tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
Think they deliver to about 7ish mate so ..fingers crossed, good job it’s not yodel you wouldn’t get it until new year, if at all haha.

Going to be delivered today. Fingers crossed; I won't need to test Dells warranty claims.

I've had many Dell monitors over the years and never had a defective panel or bad build quality... touch wood.

Soldato
OP
Mine also due to arrive today.

Last time I ordered myself a new screen was October 2011 (24" iiyama, still going strong as our CCTV monitor).

Like a kid waiting for Xmas.

Good luck with UPS as they don't appear to know what they are doing 90% of the time. Tracking is pretty useless as it should have arrived yesterday, today no update. This isn't the first time they have let me down either; CS is a nightmare if you need to contact. Will wait and see if it shows up today, or not.

Soldato
OP
MIne arrived half an hour ago and it is a heavy box lol, not opened it yet as just back from the dentist with a numb face.

You might want to check it now. Mine arrived and the fit and finish on the left side was shocking. I have contacted Dell to arrange a collection/replacement.

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived this afternoon and been playing with around with it since.

So far its looking like a great monitor, just going to try and find if there any particular settings that are recommended to be changed.

I've got settings I can share at a later date.

Cheers for the heads up I will have a look and let you know. The left side do you mean the bezel or the back or the stand?

Edit. I had a quick look and seems ok, the light in here is not the best so I will have a proper look in the morning in daylight. Thanks for the heads up.

It was the left side back panel, QC issue.

I called Dell and they sent me an email to provide the evidence of the fault. Dell quoted a 24/48-hour turnaround for a Friday collection and replacement.

This will test Dell RMA procedures I thought I'd never hope to use... so let's see how good the claims are shall we?

Soldato
OP
Just received an email from Dell Support. DPD is scheduled to collect the monitor this morning and a replacement has been dispatched.

Less than a 24-hour turnaround from reporting the issue, collection and replacement. If you're not happy don't hesitate to give them a call. Follow the support email to the T and no issues.

Soldato
OP
Excellent stuff, fingers crossed you get a better monitor than you’re 1st one Mr G

Hopefully... if not, I'll seek a refund and I'll proceed with my second option. The rear panel felt very flimsy, cheap and the fit and finish felt rushed though. So, BS QC if you ask me.

As for warranties... I'm comfortable knowing this will be honoured on my 27" for the next 3 years.

Soldato
OP
Well mine is up and running and all I can say is wow, this thing is so bright and vibrant, I have had to turn the brightness down lol.

Give these settings a try as the panel I believe is virtually identical to my 27".

Brightness: 76%
Contrast: 75%
Gain: Red: 98% / Green: 94% / Blue: 96%
Offset: Red: 50% / Green: 48% / Blue: 48%
Super Fast Response

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers I’ll also try your settings, think I’m keeping mine checked with my older Dell u2715H and tbh it looks like my older monitor had a bit more BLB than this one and I never really ever noticed that too much

I am going to bell them regarding the slightly damaged box see if they offer anything .. one thing I’ll add this thing looks massive on the desk, played a bit of RDR2 last night and if blow me away so smooth with GSYNC. 2nd monitor in 5 years I’ve had with Dell and really impressed with them.

It is a behemoth when compared although same design as the S2721DGFA except larger. I'd say both share the same panels too.

Soldato
OP
Your not wrong mate it’s big and beautiful.

Right after a few hours of tinkering.. I’ve used Smart HDR set to desktop on the OSD, kept brightness and contrast at the initial 75..Then gone into Nvidia Control Panel and clicked on adjust desktop colour, turned brightness down in there to 47, contrast 77 Gamma 0.86 digital vibrancy +89

Settings above Works for me so far, no doubt I’ll tinker more to get my absolute sweet spot, sincerely hope everyone who gets the G3223D enjoys it.

I'll certainly go through most of Dell's stock in replacements if required too.

Soldato
OP
Thanks to Royal Mail strikes and for DPD picking up the slack this caused many days of delays in picking up my duff monitor. Dell was not at fault here and has not delayed my replacement.

I surprisingly received a call today directly from the engineer who is currently building my replacement monitor on the production floor. As I expressed my concerns on QC, he wanted to reassure me that this will be QC inspected, tested and colour calibrated before being packed for shipping to avoid any disappointment.

Very pleased so far with the overall RMA process and looking forward to getting my hands on the monitor soon. However, I'm expecting a delay with the couriers as feedback is suggesting they are cancelling collections, deliveries and delaying by several days.

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived on Weds, but can't install until I've finished decorating my study/den (moved in this time last year and it's the final room to do).
It's currently sat in my boot room, safely out of the way.

It'll be a nice upgrade from the 24" iiyama I bought in 2011.

Have you tested it?

Back
Top Bottom