Dell G3223D

Soldato
In the market for a bigger monitor around 32" or more... Got my eye on a Dell G3223D but waiting on the price to drop however, is there any other recommendations I should consider?

Associate
Doubt that the G3223D will drop lower than the discounted price of £345 that you can get it for at the moment, and that's without any blue light, student or work discounts that you might alos be eligible for

Soldato
OP
Doubt that the G3223D will drop lower than the discounted price of £345 that you can get it for at the moment, and that's without any blue light, student or work discounts that you might alos be eligible for

It might like the others, especially with a code etc.

Soldato
Have just picked up the G3223D for £345 and received it within 24 hours direct from Dell!

With some quidco cashback of hopefully £10 it's a steal frankly.

Nice display although with HDR mode enabled in windows there is some squeal coming from the display which is annoying but it's still more than bright enough without windows HDR enabled.

Soldato
I would highly recommend the Gigabyte M32Q (make sure it's the Q and not the QC which is a different monitor entirely) 1440P 165Hz IPS monitor with USB type C aswell which is nice. I've been using mine a bit more than a year now. What I would say is, 32" is 'big' though, coming from 27" displays it's quite a lot more physical monitor on your desk and does look better if you can sit back a bit more than you otherwise might due to the dot pitch. The Dell you mention looks almost identical actually, just in a Dell dress rather than a Gigabyte one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Found that there's actually a firmware update that Dell have issued recently that adds an OSD option to turn off the blue LED lighting the G3223D has enabled by default!

Will definitely be updating mine later so I have that option

Caporegime
dells3422dwg ultrawide 144hz, freesync premium pro/gsync compatible is £390 + your bank account probably has an "everyday offers" section with a 10% of dell cashback you can activate

Soldato
OP
I would highly recommend the Gigabyte M32Q (make sure it's the Q and not the QC which is a different monitor entirely) 1440P 165Hz IPS monitor with USB type C aswell which is nice. I've been using mine a bit more than a year now. What I would say is, 32" is 'big' though, coming from 27" displays it's quite a lot more physical monitor on your desk and does look better if you can sit back a bit more than you otherwise might due to the dot pitch. The Dell you mention looks almost identical actually, just in a Dell dress rather than a Gigabyte one.

Tempting as I see it is currently now on offer.

Soldato
OP
Ended up going for the Dell G3223D in the end for £310.50 with code plus for the warranty offered it's a no brainer. Should be delivered on Tuesday and not sure whether to sell my 27" or keep it as a spare as it's faultless.

Associate
Ended up going for the Dell G3223D in the end for £310.50 with code plus for the warranty offered it's a no brainer. Should be delivered on Tuesday and not sure whether to sell my 27" or keep it as a spare as it's faultless.

Seriously looking at the Dell myself MR G, is there a code available somewhere that gets it me for £310.50? Can only get it for £345 in my basket cheers.

Associate
hmm think 27" probably better, 32" maybe to low PPI- unless then move up a resolution, which'll kill fps

I suppose viewing distance away from the monitor counts for a lot hornetstinger..

fwiw I’ve just ordered the Dell G3223D for 310 quid (thanks MR G for the code) my lads had my U2715H for 50, Lloyd’s bank have a 10% cash back offer on Dell products so hopefully I’ll have paid about £230 in the end for it. A 32” GSYNC certified 1440p with Dells excellent warranty and support for that price? Absolute no brainier for me.

Soldato
I suppose viewing distance away from the monitor counts for a lot hornetstinger..

fwiw I’ve just ordered the Dell G3223D for 310 quid (thanks MR G for the code) my lads had my U2715H for 50, Lloyd’s bank have a 10% cash back offer on Dell products so hopefully I’ll have paid about £230 in the end for it. A 32” GSYNC certified 1440p with Dells excellent warranty and support for that price? Absolute no brainier for me.
I sit an arm's length from a 27" and 32" monitor, both 1440p. The 32" is definitely less sharp at that distance, I'd say, depending on your eyesight, you would want it another foot further back to look equivalent. I think 32" is the point where 4K starts to make sense.

Associate
I sit an arm's length from a 27" and 32" monitor, both 1440p. The 32" is definitely less sharp at that distance, I'd say, depending on your eyesight, you would want it another foot further back to look equivalent. I think 32" is the point where 4K starts to make sense.
Thought about a 4K mate, running a 5600x with a 3070, I think some of the demanding games I play (RDR2, ACValhalla,Cyberpunk..MSFS) I’d personally struggle to get anything near 60fps on decent settings.(pretty much the same reason I didn’t go for a ultrawide).

I can pretty much max out graphic settings on the titles I’ve mentioned and get excellent frame rates, I’d personally be sitting just over a arms length away, monitor should be arriving tomorrow hopefully it’ll suit my needs and I’ll be happy with it, if not it goes back I’ve used Dell before so I can attest to their excellent customer service..thanks for the advice Troezar.

Edit: Has yours arrived MR G 1st impressions?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom