Dell S3220DGF

Associate
The bundled displayport cable exhibited noticeable smearing and freesync flickering in some applications, particularly fast moving content. I replaced the cable with one from Amazon and both issues improved, smearing markedly so
Could anybody shade light on ways how a DP cable could possibly affect black smearing? It should be 100% dependent on pixel response time and refresh rate, handled entirely by monitor firmware

Black smearing is one thing I fear will haunt me. If not for that, modern VA panels are superior in every way to IPS panels. Perfectly happy with TN in my Benq XL2730Z, but TN is not an option at 32-35" sizes.

Soldato
Could anybody shade light on ways how a DP cable could possibly affect black smearing? It should be 100% dependent on pixel response time and refresh rate, handled entirely by monitor firmware

Black smearing is one thing I fear will haunt me. If not for that, modern VA panels are superior in every way to IPS panels. Perfectly happy with TN in my Benq XL2730Z, but TN is not an option at 32-35" sizes.

The above isn't true, viewing angles are fairly poor on VA panels, and this monitor is no exception. Pixel response time is also faster on the best IPS monitors. Don't get me wrong this is a good quality monitor by the looks of it (if only it was a 27" and flat panel) but there are some differences.

Associate
Was all set on a mag272qr but this monitor is really tempting me to switch, looks good for the money it is at now. Running on a 24inch 1080 at the moment with slow response times and 60hz. What to do, what to do

Associate
Hi there. I purchased this monitor some days ago. Do you have this issue with yours?

Can you help me? Can you play that video on youtube and upload a photo with your movile phone? On the 15% and 20% grey scale.

"Gray To White, Grey Uniformity, Clouding, Banding, Bleed Test - For OLED QLED IPS (4K UHD, No Sound)"

Thank you so much.

Associate
Hi there. I purchased this monitor some days ago. Do you have this issue with yours?

Can you help me? Can you play that video on youtube and upload a photo with your movile phone? On the 15% and 20% grey scale.

"Gray To White, Grey Uniformity, Clouding, Banding, Bleed Test - For OLED QLED IPS (4K UHD, No Sound)"

Thank you so much.

Uhh no not on mine. That looks bad enough to be a panel defect. I have some slight banding in the lower lefthand corner but nothing close to as bad as that

Associate

Thank you so much.

Checked this on mine. I don't have any banding like you are seeing on my screen.

Back
Top Bottom