Dell U4025QW - 40" 5120x2160 120Hz

Yes, been playing MW3 on it since I got it back in April. Driving it with a liquid cooled 6900XTX mostly getting 100+Hz at full native res.

How are you finding it?

I've seen some reviews say it's "not great" for gaming with a bit of ghosting etc but I'm wondering if that's just versus the latest and greatest gaming-focused screens.

I'm using an old Alienware 34" which is only 120Hz and doesn't have the response of the latest panels but I find that fine so wondering if the Dell would be broadly similar.

How are you finding it?

I've seen some reviews say it's "not great" for gaming with a bit of ghosting etc but I'm wondering if that's just versus the latest and greatest gaming-focused screens.

I'm using an old Alienware 34" which is only 120Hz and doesn't have the response of the latest panels but I find that fine so wondering if the Dell would be broadly similar.
I actually came from a Predator X34P which was only 100Hz, and my GPU can push a lot more frames that that at 3440x1440 (as long as you don't turn on RT!), so I'm not comparing to a 240Hz OLED. Compared to the X34P, it is a lot brighter, has a load more contrast and much better blacks and a shed load more pixels. It's also great for doing actual work, something that put me off a 240Hz QD-OLED as a primary monitor...

Hey all, I've just set mine up and am a wee bit stuck. Hopefully, as usual, I'm missing something...

I'm wanting to run 2 machines picture by picture.

1 x PC using DP and USB (has Dell display software installed)
1 x Laptop using Thunderbolt4 (cannot have Dell display software installed)

How should I most efficiently use the monitor KVM to switch machines at will, please?

Hey all, I've just set mine up and am a wee bit stuck. Hopefully, as usual, I'm missing something...

I'm wanting to run 2 machines picture by picture.

1 x PC using DP and USB (has Dell display software installed)
1 x Laptop using Thunderbolt4 (cannot have Dell display software installed)

How should I most efficiently use the monitor KVM to switch machines at will, please?

If you're using S/W to switch the keyboard/mouse between machines, how do you expect to be able to switch back from the one without the Dell S/W installed?

Before I had this monitor, my solution for sharing keyboard & mouse between two machines that were always displaying was a cheap USB KM-switch with a physical button.

How is gaming response like on this monitor. Would the owners recommend it.

Last edited:
How is gaming response like on this monitor. Would the owners recommend it.
Have you seen this review from around launch time? https://youtu.be/1TQ5WvTQYHY?si=84OOanydDyG8SSco

I now do all my gaming on this monitor, and to me, it feels just like a bigger version of the X34P I had before, it doesn't have super fast refresh rates, and there is some ghosting as mentioned in the reviews, but I'm too busy getting immersed in the huge, sharp image to notice that most of the time. That said, I'm more than 80% work, 20% play - your mileage may well vary...

Looks very interesting this monitor. I also currently have an X34P been very happy with it but itch to upgrade to something a bit larger. How is this with gaming? Excuse my ignorance my current monitor has G-Sync will the U4025QW perform the same - i.e smooth things out?

Back
Top Bottom